• <$25,000
    • $25,000 - $35,000
    • $35,000 - $45,000
    • $45,000 - $60,000
    • $60,000 - $80,000
    • $80,000 - $100,000
    • $100,000+
    • Other (other compensation)
  2. 2. How many members of your household bring in income?

• None
    • Other
  3. 3. Do you project more income this year, less, or about the same?

• More
    • Less
    • About the same
    • Other

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the building industry, so you can make your own conclusion as to how my income has been trending. If it weren't for Riverhouse, I would have all day to play online Tetris.

My wife is in medical sales, and her income has been skyrocketing over the last teo years, with really no end in sight. I am okay with being Mr. Mom at home. Is that possible with no kids???

I am just lucky to have both of us emplyed right now. I read earlier today that Michigan's UR is predicted to hit 8% within a few months. Ouch.

Yes, well, I still live with my parents, and all 3 of us work, so.... yeah. Although now that i think of it, i should have chosen "Other" for how many people bring in Income, because my sister works as well, But she doesnt really count...

But I will be moving out this spring/summer, so my household income will be much much lower this year.

What really gets me is that my wife and I are in that "echelon" of $100K+ - and it doesn't mean a thing. $100k isn't what it used to be, and we find ourselves struggling moderately despite a decent income. It's an expensive world right now, and us Michiganders have our shallowest pockets in a long time.

What really gets me is that my wife and I are in that "echelon" of $100K+ - and it doesn't mean a thing. $100k isn't what it used to be, and we find ourselves struggling moderately despite a decent income. It's an expensive world right now, and us Michiganders have our shallowest pockets in a long time.

We have our sight set on being debt-free by 45. We pay alot more on our car loans than needed, don't use credit cards, and are trying to pay off about two decade's worth of college between us. We don't have kids, but put the max into both 401k and personal RAs, and give to our favorite charities twice a year ({sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}American Cancer Society, Red Cross, and NPR! :) ) When I said we are struggling, I also stated moderately. If we didn't care so much to get out of debt, we could probably live more comfortably. But my point was that 100k isn't nearly what it was even fifteen or ten years ago. The cost of living and everything else has went up so far (including health insurances) that by the time we dole out our bills and other personal choices, it still "catches us by surprise" when our car breaks down and we need $2,000 just like that. Thanks for the insight, though Dr. Phil on our spending priorities.

Archived