Federal Tax Break - Stimulus Plan Poll

john_denver

Federal Tax Break - Stimulus Plan  

99 members have voted

1. 1. If given a $800 tax rebate ($1600 for a married couple), what would you do with it?

• Save or invest all of it.
    • Spend all of it.
    • Save/invest part...spend part of it.
    • Pay down debt.
    • Other

The quibbling rhetoric out of Washington is that we're not technically in a recession. When the wagon is in the ditch, don't argue that we should call it a trench instead of a ditch... get the f@$%ing wagon out of the ditch!

Listening to our leadership is like watching alcoholics deal with their denial issues.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

I heard NY Times columnist Tom Friedman say the stimulus package is akin to money laundering... the govt borrows $ from China so we can give our money to the Saudi's for oil. Such a crock.

If we're going to borrow the money, we should at least spend it on something that will make a lasting contribution, instead of Starbucks, gas, and Wal-Mart purchases. Why doesn't the government, say, invest in our nation's infrastructure? What was the stimulus, $120B or so? How many jobs would be created if we spent that on rebuilding our transit systems, roads, and bridges in need?

I wonder that myself JoJo. We could have used some of that to get the LRT off the ground here in the Triangle, which would have been a much wiser use of money, being it is providing improved public transit. That amount of cash could have also created a public education program to educate people on saving electricity/gas/water/etc. and maybe another oil refinery or 2 to ramp up production capacity.

I wonder that myself JoJo. We could have used some of that to get the LRT off the ground here in the Triangle, which would have been a much wiser use of money, being it is providing improved public transit. That amount of cash could have also created a public education program to educate people on saving electricity/gas/water/etc. and maybe another oil refinery or 2 to ramp up production capacity.

Since there was no earnest effort to create this money, it is essentially being 'put on the card'.

Our children's card!

I'll find the best way to launder it, uh, ahem, invest it so that it ultimately goes back to my little boy. It is afterall, his generation which will inherit the debt of this 'stimulus package'.

• 2 months later...

Archived