New Walgreens Development at Michigan and Fuller

n_wasmiller

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't really call him a hack videographer. While his video quality may not be as good as others, and the subject material all over the place, he did have a recurring segment on either WZZM or WOOD back in the day. No idea if the station provided him with the subjects / material or not. Perhaps just adjusting to the new age in media?

I wouldn't really call him a hack videographer. While his video quality may not be as good as others, and the subject material all over the place, he did have a recurring segment on either WZZM or WOOD back in the day. No idea if the station provided him with the subjects / material or not. Perhaps just adjusting to the new age in media?

Tony nailed it; Gerry is making lemonade out of an unceremonious dumping. He was running a morning radio show along with sidekicks John Gonzalez (Press entertainment editor) and Suzanne Schultz (see, this does pertain to urban development). As is typical in media gigs, firings are abrupt and one-sided (October last year).

I'm proud to say I was already Facebook friends with him, and suggested he join LinkedIn. On there he has more than 500 connections, and he's up to more than 2000 on FB.

Will let him know about this thread; likely he'll find a way to parlay it into another branch of the tree he's planted.

ETA: whoops, just watched the vid. He's way ahead of me.

n/m

• 3 months later...

Picture of the new Walgreens.

Still no sign of all of the outbuildings that was supposed to go along with it. But at least there are actual windows being put in. Well maybe until Walgreens boards them up with advertisements or "displays" like CVS did in Eastown

There were never any outbuildings that were part of this project. Where would even put an outbuilding?

I think they said the outbuildings "could" be built in the future (eg. eye candy for the renderings). Looking at the pics, I think in order to have an outbuilding, they'd have to tear down Checkers...

Still no sign of all of the outbuildings that was supposed to go along with it. But at least there are actual windows being put in. Well maybe until Walgreens boards them up with advertisements or "displays" like CVS did in Eastown

Yes, there were some proposed.

http://www.urbanplan...ost__p__1129619

Sure they were proposed, but they were never a part of the actual site plan that was approved for construction of the Walgreens. It's not like they promised to build them and now are backing out.

The renderings were definitely in fantasyland, and I am fairly sure that members of the planning commission knew that going in. From what I've heard, Sheldon Cleaners is fairly well known to not give up their properties easily.

Archived