Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdkacz

Tax dollars for stadium? Wait, this time it's Huskies

6 posts in this topic

Seattle Times Article

How do people feel on this? The Sonics failed in their attempt at public money for a stadium. I wonder if public money will work in this case.

But if this goes through it seems like it would open a can of worms for WSU, WWU, CWU and so on. IT seems to me a $150M would be better spent elsewhere then a new college football stadium.

Thoughts?

I think we need to find a creative financing plan for a new arena for the Sonics. The UW would be getting donations for a stadium remodel if they would start listening to their frustrated fan base more.

It looks like the stadium financing deal fell through.

Also at David Stern's state of the NBA address he pretty much acknowledged that the Sonics are done in Seattle. I wonder if they'll get a new team like the Bobcats?

Also at David Stern's state of the NBA address he pretty much acknowledged that the Sonics are done in Seattle. I wonder if they'll get a new team like the Bobcats?

Yeah, I heard an interview on the radio when Stern was in Portland for a Blazers game that if the city of Seattle fought him, the NBA and Clayton Bennett on the lease that if the team does move that Seattle wont ever get a team. I think thats a bit harsh and childish. I mean there is a lease that the team should honor.

David Stern is overrated and a jerk. Seattle pretty much has an arena package ready to go and local owners. There are no good reasons to move the team or publically piss on the efforts to save the team.

Save the Seattle Sonics, fire David Stern!