Hartford Non-Residential Developments

The Voice of Reason

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the other day that Hartford was one of the top ten for project growth in office space. Not sure why but will try to find out more. Anyone else hear or see that? Jay

Hartford is an absolutely great market location wise. Low cost for the Northeast and geographically convenient with a highly educated and productive workforce. It was only a matter of time bofore people started to notice.

• 8 months later...

An update for this thread.

I am changing this to a compilation of the NON HOUSING developments rather than just office.

I think this makes a little more sense since much of the "office space" in this city is associated with a hospitol or school or what not.

I will still include conversions from office to residential as a positive to the office market. (advancement by attrition)

PROPOSED

UCONN/Hartford Hospital merger plus new Hospital next to Dempsey

NH-H-S Commuter rail

Waterbury Hartford commuter rail

AI Engineers HQ: LEED Platinum, 200K+ SF class A 12 story office building

New Arena: hey its a long shot, but something is going to have to happen to this building.

101 Pearl street: will turn 100,000 sq ft of class B office into Apartments or condos. RFP to go out soon.

New Britain Busway

Hartford Stage renovation and addition

Hartford Hospitol parking garage: 1235 parking spaces

Coltsville office development

Watkinson Center for Science and Global Citizenship

UHart Hilliar school expansion

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hartford Public safety complex $85 Million

Front Street Entertainment District. (I hate that I am making this red :P )

$35 million in improvements to City place I as United Health moves from Connecticut River Plaza.

North East Utilities moving HQ downtown into old Phoenix Investments building

Asylum Street Streetscape

410 Asylum: conversion of 100000+ SF of class B office space to residential housing

John T. O'Connell Tower @ St Francis Hospital: A new 10-story $184 million 318,000 square-foot facility.

North End YMCA

Trinity dorm renovations

COMPLETED

H-21: put 93000 square feet of office online.

CT Science center: under construction and coming to a river near you.

Trumbull Street Streetscape

Theaterworks Renovation

960 Main: Re-use of retail space into school and office (I am not sure of the numbers if anyone has them)

Upgrading of the stilts building to class A.

915 Main ST: turned 205,000 sqft of office into residential units.

CT Mutual building: in Asylum Hill is pretty much knocked down. 460,000 SQFT of class B office is no longer vacant, its a parking lot.

AETNA HQ renovations in preperation to bring middletown office workers to Hartford

-included 2 new parking garages

U-Hart performing arts center: 71,000 square feet of space in the three buildings. $25 million. Previously abandoned car dealership.

please let me know what I am missing or whats wrong

I am trying to figure out a logical color scheme :) I hope this works

Red is a downtown core project that is a direct and major improvement. (Science center, AI building)

Orange is a downtown core project that is a lesser improvement like a streetscape or renovation.

Purple is a fringe development just outside of downtown

Green is a little further from downtown

Blue is a regional change that will help everything, but can not be measured in downtown specificly.

Think of it as an importance level meter.

red is the most important non-residential development, green is least imporant to downtown. the regional stuff of course is may bigger, but those are indirect, not direct.

• 3 years later...

This has been touched on in several other threads.

http://courantblogs.com/ct-real-estate/state-office-move-downtown-would-push-down-vacancy-dramatically/

putting it here is this old amalgamation therad that needs updating and refreshing :)

more than even this article mentions, space will be filled or converted in 2013-14

Uconn downtown will take 210k

The state will take 2 buildings, 800K

777 Main going residential  ~300K

The clarion hotel turning from hotel to occupied residential

101-111 Pearl,  200K sf+ converted

and I suppose there could be more

we have a vacant 390 asylum slated to become hollander II and there have been a few small vacant office buildings that are changing too like 36 louis

• 11 months later...

Archived