A spot underutilized, and unmentioned

MadVlad

It seems every time I drive down Capitol Ave, I'm drawn to the big, gaping space that exists between Park Place Towers, the I-84 viaduct, and the old Xerox/Sick building (corners of Capitol/Laurel/Park Place). I think I've heard that the people that made Park Place Towers were supposed to continue to build in that area, and stopped for some reason. That plot/plots is/are big enough to fit a whole Blue Back Square type development, so why not? Perfect place, it's kind of disjointed from the rest of the city so it could be deemed "safer", and has easy access. What do you guys think?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire area is getting leveled for surface parking for Aetna.

The are you talk about was originally owned by PPT but was sold to Aetna and made into a huge surface lot. The area under the highways along Laurel which had been previously unused until last year is now surface parking. The old Hawthorne site and the old Crystal Rock Water factory site have both been cleared and are now used for surface parking as well.

The entire area is getting leveled for surface parking for Aetna.

The are you talk about was originally owned by PPT but was sold to Aetna and made into a huge surface lot. The area under the highways along Laurel which had been previously unused until last year is now surface parking. The old Hawthorne site and the old Crystal Rock Water factory site have both been cleared and are now used for surface parking as well.

No, I'm not talking about a gated community, what I'm saying it could possibly be portrayed as "safer" than the rest of the city to to being a little bit separated. In reality, it doesn't matter, but the suburban perception is of this scary city, and maybe that could belay some of those concerns. In reality, it would still be ridiculously easy to get from one spot to another. Then, imagine the viaduct going away, and you have this great new avenue of development....

Archived