Biltmore Hotel Coral Gables

GablesAppraiser

I heard that the owners (leasees) of the Biltmore Hotel have plans to get rid of the parking lot (the one with the trees on it, that sits to the west of the hotel), as well as the parking lot in front of the Congregational Church, as well as the fountains in front of the Biltmore, as well as the courtyard in front of the conference building, and build an under-ground parking garage, an above ground garage, and 80 villas/townhomes on the site that is now the current parking lot.

I understand they will replace the current parking lot in front of the Congregational Church with a reflecting pond, and then replace all the fountains in front of the hotel with new fountains. I heard that the 80 villas (each with their own swimming pool) that will sit on the current site of the parking garage, will be super modern, just like newly constructed homes in Europe. Also I understand that Anastasia Ave. will be re-landscaped from Granada to Little Flower.

I heard it went before the architectural review board for the first review; I saw it on the agenda. Its strange that it has not received much press

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had heard rumblings about houses or villas some time ago, but then....nothing. This is interesting. I'd hate to see the surroundings of the hotel spoiled, but the temptation of valuable real estate has probably bee too much for the owners. As for the conflict, that's an interesting point. I'll have to do some research.

Archived