• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a construction trailer and pile driver (already driving piles) next to the garage at the corner of Brambleton and Colley Avenue. Could just be another parking garage but considering they just built 2 within a 1/4 mile of each other in the past 6 months I would hope it was something else.

I really wish the city would rework the street grid of the medical campus. It could really integrate well with Atlantic City/Fort Norfolk and Ghent and be another urban center. They should visit MCV in Richmond and take some notes.

There is a construction trailer and pile driver (already driving piles) next to the garage at the corner of Brambleton and Colley Avenue. Could just be another parking garage but considering they just built 2 within a 1/4 mile of each other in the past 6 months I would hope it was something else.

I really wish the city would rework the street grid of the medical campus. It could really integrate well with Atlantic City/Fort Norfolk and Ghent and be another urban center. They should visit MCV in Richmond and take some notes.

Thanks for the info. I guess we would have to see what the new midtown tunnel expansion looks like as far as working the medical campus back into the street grid.

Maybe in the new design Brambleton and/or Hampton can be below grade at the interchange (like the downtown tunnel interchange) which could possibly allow a reconnection to the West and South. The past leaders of Norfolk have royally ruined the pedestrian friendliness of the city for decades to come.

• 1 month later...

Archived