MLS Soccer Team

bw87a

I was just wondering what everyone thought about the possibility of a MLS franchise locating in Northern Kentucky. It would obviously cater to the Cincinnati Metro Area. Northern Kentucky is also a fairly affluent part of the Cincinnati Metro Area that could possibly support a team. Any ideas?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think NKY would be a viable local for a MLS team.

Where is the nearest MLS team to NKY? That could play a big role. If it was the only MLS team for quite a ways it might draw in soccer fans from quite a distance. If soccer US fans are anything like European fans, they will go to great lengths to watch/support soccer teams.

I would think NKY would be a viable local for a MLS team.

Where is the nearest MLS team to NKY? That could play a big role. If it was the only MLS team for quite a ways it might draw in soccer fans from quite a distance. If soccer US fans are anything like European fans, they will go to great lengths to watch/support soccer teams.

I haven't heard that area mentioned a lot in terms of expansion teams. But that doesn't mean it's not possible. It might just boil down to someone willing to shelling out the money if they think there's enough fans in the area. But you also might have to fight off other cities interested as well. The MLS has been expanding recently. I think they may add a few more cities but I would think soon they'll have to stop the expansion before they 'water down' the league. Too many teams with not enough quality talent to go around.

Archived