Riviana Foods Expands In Memphis

The Memphian

:shades: I was researching and found this interesting article about Riviana Foods expanding it"s distribution center in Memphis the article states that they will close the center in Houston and move all operations here except for the HQ.

http://www.memphisdailynews.com/Editorial/....aspx?id=100792

Any chance that in a few years HQ may move here? Please share your thoughts.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I think there is a possibility that the company could move it's HQ to Memphis at some point, on the other hand plenty of companies are based in one city and have all their operations in another (or others). I would think the likelihood of a move of their HQ would depend on how how well they can run their operations from Texas and how connected the company and its management are with the city of Houston. This is a subsidiary however, so the parent Spanish Company could sway them to move closer to their production and processing operations no matter what the subsidary would like or prefer to do.

I am really glad to hear that this investment and job creation is taking place in Memphis. Rice is a stable industry that should not be going away anytime soon and has all the potential in the world to expand as domestic and global demand for this staple food rises.

^ I think there is a possibility that the company could move it's HQ to Memphis at some point, on the other hand plenty of companies are based in one city and have all their operations in another (or others). I would think the likelihood of a move of their HQ would depend on how how well they can run their operations from Texas and how connected the company and its management are with the city of Houston. This is a subsidiary however, so the parent Spanish Company could sway them to move closer to their production and processing operations no matter what the subsidary would like or prefer to do.

I am really glad to hear that this investment and job creation is taking place in Memphis. Rice is a stable industry that should not be going away anytime soon and has all the potential in the world to expand as domestic and global demand for this staple food rises.

Archived