Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dumba

Ice Cream Shop Names

25 posts in this topic

Helping create a name for a new ice cream shop. What do you think of these names?

Paavo Gelato

Pink Penguin

Coney Iceland

Polar Palate

Hopscotch

Rosa Froza

Tops

Global Cooling

Pluses, minuses, loves, hates, perceptions?

Thanks.

Helping create a name for a new ice cream shop. What do you think of these names?

Paavo Gelato

Pink Penguin

Coney Iceland

Polar Palate

Hopscotch

Rosa Froza

Tops

Global Cooling

Pluses, minuses, loves, hates, perceptions?

Thanks.

Favorite: Pink Penguin. (Great logo & merchandising opportunities in that one! The logo practically designs itself. Sell little plush pink penguins as a souvenir for out-of-towners and people with kids. Make it an icon.)

Second: Hopscotch

My perceptions:

Hang-out/destination places like an ice cream shop are best suited with a name that rolls off the tongue. Paavo Gelato might be difficult for some, and spelling it without a prompter...well, not easy for many. (Plus, it sounds expensive.) Coney Iceland better sell hot dogs. (And making it seem local and unique will be really tough.) Global Cooling may have negative and political connotations. The rest are okay, but not memorable.

I, for one, LOVE ice cream. Good luck! :good:

Isn't that one already used? New cafe opening up on Wealthy St. in the spring?

I think he was being facetious. :)

I think Pink Penguin is the best. Easy to say, easy to remember, penguins = cold, alliteration...

For me, the name has to work with the market you are trying to attract. I like Pink Penguin for a family-friendly market, not necessarily for a young, urban crowd. So, if it's located downtown GR, I would look for something a little more modern.

I think you can have a Pink Penguin and make it "modern", and appeal to a wide variety demographic. In my opinion, you exclude the "family demographic" in Grand Rapids at your own peril, as has been shown by the myriad of failed retailers downtown (unless you're a bar obviously). I was downtown with my kids Sunday and there were families with kids everywhere (and no metered spots to be found anywhere) especially around Rosa Parks Circle, and most retailers were closed. Biggby's in McKay Tower was open and doing a brisk business with a lot of young-uns. :dontknow:

IMHO, unless it's a chain, it needs ice cream in the name. Pink Penguin is cute but doesn't give me a clue what you're selling.

Just stay away from a name like Marble Slab. :sick: As my wife said, sounds like something you'd find in a morgue.

I like Pink Penguin. I think it's catchy. As stated, the logo is obvious which is good. Reminds me of Pinkberry a bit, but that is not a bad thing.

Just stay away from a name like Marble Slab. :sick: As my wife said, sounds like something you'd find in a morgue.

Dairy Air

It's french!

In context: Don't you just love the Dairy Air? or... Have you tastest the latest treat coming out of the Dairy Air?

Dairy Air

It's french!

In context: Don't you just love the Dairy Air? or... Have you tastest the latest treat coming out of the Dairy Air?

How 'bout, "The Big Chill" ice cream shop?