This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


Downtown Fort Worth in HDR, Part 3 of 3

3 posts in this topic

Finally - sorry about the delay!



The tiny Bryce Building from 1910 on Throckmorton. An office building since the day it opened, and still in gorgeous shape and fully occupied.


The Fritz G. Lanham Federal Building.


The old City Hall, now the Public Safety & Courts Building, from 1938.


The Panther Fountain in Hyde Park on 9th Street, with the Park Central Hotel in the background.


The gorgeous Flatiron Building from 1907, taken from the Hyde Park side (the end on the right is the back of the building, with the two other sides of the triangular building fronting Hyde Park/9th Street and Houston Street. Original medical offices, the Flatiron is now apartments and the ground floor is being prepped for a restaurant.


Looking out of Hyde Park. The Flatiron Building is on the right, with the Houston Place Lofts (from 1905) on the left. In the middle rises Carter + Burgess Plaza from the '80s, with the TXU Building (orange brick, from the '50s) and the Hilton Fort Worth (from the '20s, red brick and white stone) in front of it.


Looking from Hyde Park to the west. The main subject in the middle is the Electric Building from 1929, originally offices and now apartments. The Oil & Gas Building is on the right. The concrete building in the background is 500 West 7th from 1961. The shorter building with the urns is the Neil P. Anderson Building from 1921, originally offices and now condos.


Entrance of the Flatiron Building.



Looking north back through SoDo along Houston Street.


Houston Place Lofts from 1905 (originally a bank). The tower to the right is the W. T. Waggoner Building from 1919, which is another building owned by XTO Energy and which has also been gorgeously restored by them.


Looking north up Main Street from General Worth Square past the Hilton Fort Worth and TXU Building. Carter + Burgess Plaza rises above the rest, while the Blackstone Hotel can be seen on the right side further down the street in front of one of the City Center Towers. Above the TXU Building a sliver of 714 Main can be seen.


The Tarrant County Courthouse at the northern terminus of Main Street. Taken from General Worth Square in front of the Fort Worth Convention Center, which serves as the south terminus.


The Aviation Wall of Honor in General Worth Square.


The W. T. Waggoner Building.


714 Main, in the middle of a restoration.


Details of the under-restoration 714 Main.


The Kress Building and the Sinclair Building on Main Street.


The Ashton Hotel (1915) and the Winfree Building (1890), with the Kress Building alongside and The Tower in the background. The Ashton is a luxury hotel and is the only example of Italiante architecture in downtown Fort Worth. The Winfree Building was restored as part of the Ashton Hotel and houses the hotel's ballroom and meeting rooms.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very impressive as usual FWo. Thanks for sharing and please keep em coming. :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.