Sixth Street/MLK - Farmington Area

Sammy00

Just saw this on the Washington County Enterprise Leader's Facebook page:

BREAKING NEWS....

Walmart submitted its Large Scale Development plans today for a new 32,849 square foot Neighborhood Market in Farmington. The new store will be located at the corner of Grace Lane and Main Street, right across from Farmington City Hall. The plans will go to technical review on Dec. 3 and to the Planning Commission later in December. More details will be in the Nov. 27 issue of the Enterprise-Leader.

Wow, that's big news

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

The Neighborhood Market is on Hwy 62 across the street from the city hall.  Just west of the high school.

I just did a zillow search and I didn't think the prices were too bad...  1-acre lots in Twin Falls (the nicest subdivision in Farmington) are $48,000.  Existing homes on the golf course are listed at about $80 per sq. foot.  It looks like comparable homes in the west Fayetteville area around Wedington look to be about 20% more expensive.  Obviously you don't have the Fayetteville vibe, but it looks like, on average, you can get a lot more house/land for your dollar in that area.  Just my humble opinion.

The land/home prices are not that far from Fayetteville. Not surprising since it is an extension of Fayetteville. The high price come in with the sales tax (highest in Washington Co.), high utilities, and an unimpressive school district. I have lived in Fay, Farmington, prairie grove, Lincoln , marrow, and Bentonville. Not an expert on cities by no means, but I just don't understand it. If it was absorbed by Fayetteville the property values would rise, utility prices would decrease and there would be more resources available for the parks and schools...

If prairie grove and Farmington wodnt have gone on that massive land grab spree a few years ago Farmington wouldn't have much land now anyways since Fayetteville has moved so far into it anyways.

Ouch, I should go back and fix my grammatical errors... Sorry about that. The joys of using phone to type.

• 4 months later...

Forgive me if this is a little off topic, but could any of you real estate professionals give me some info on how land leases work?  Specifically, what would the rate on a land lease be in this area?

Too many factors to list in the forum and each property has things that will attribute to the value. Best bet is to call a professional focusing on retail commercial real estate.

• 4 months later...

If the proposed WM grocery store happens, I wonder if the Marvins at 15th & School would close also.  Could spark redevelopment of that shopping area.  Though I also want some competition for Walmart in general.  Maybe Harps or a new entrant could do something there.

The rezoning for the WMNM on MLK was approved last night, so appears that there will soon be a better grocery option in that part of town.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The rendering of that strip mall where the car wash was is mighty disappointing, I meant to take a pic but forgot of a new little strip mall of about 6 store fronts that really nailed it looking like 6 distinct buildlings in an old downtown design.

Next time in Memphis I'll get one

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The former Clarion Inn at the corner of Shiloh Drive and Highway 62 has been demolished.  

25 years ago that was a fairly nice place but had really become an eyesore more recently.  With that I49 exit being somewhat the 'front door' to the University, and considering the Razorback Foundations involvement, it will be interesting to see what develops on the property.  Article on 'Talk Business' mentions a future mixed use including a medical company.

Archived