Salem Cove

Justiceham

Publix is building a 46,000 sq ft. grocery at the corner of Highway 99 and St. Andrews Drive. Salem Cove is the name of this shopping center and it will be 556,200 square feet. I'm wondering what else will be included in the center. That's pretty big. It seems like this will be a hot new area of town, not including the Three Rivers Town Center and Weston Park retail under construction as well.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF?! Whoa, this thing is going to be huge, if thats the real numbers. What in the world are they putting there, thats just about 65,000 sq ft shy of the total square footage of Stones River Mall! This side of town is going to be many, many "smart" growth communties, my fav. is going to be Marymont Springs.

Wasn't there also something rumored out Manchester Pkwy area? Also, what are they doing over by Shoney's on Church? Are they extending Rutherford Blvd?

I heard that once upon a time, that Northfield was going to be a loop around the city, but I guess it probably would have cut right across Old Fort GolfCourse, hence it's ending over by Buster's.

BTW, the new interstate exit opens today, with a direct route to MT's campus (still will be a bottleneck at the intersection of Main/MT Blvd).

There are supposed to paint huge MT logos on the major intersections near campus.

I find it weird that a project this large has been hidden under the radar. The source for the information comes from the Murfreesboro Post. The New Salem interchange is open. You can expect more hotels and restaurants at this exit in the near future. The Mamchester Highway proposal has not been heard from in over a year now, so I'm wondering about it too. It is a real proposal, however, maxing out at 2 million square feet in completion. I think that Clark boulevard should be widened from two to five lanes and have that sharp curve smoothed out. It would alleviate traffic from Thompson Lane if it were extended from Broad Street over the Greenway and connect to Old Nashville Highway and the Gateway area. I don't know if anyone has noticed lately, but Medical Center Parkway has picked up quite a bit of traffic in the last two years. Another outlet will be needed when all of the proposed projects are completed. Can you imagine an ambulance trying to maneuver this road through rush hour in five years?

I find it weird that a project this large has been hidden under the radar. The source for the information comes from the Murfreesboro Post. The New Salem interchange is open. You can expect more hotels and restaurants at this exit in the near future. The Mamchester Highway proposal has not been heard from in over a year now, so I'm wondering about it too. It is a real proposal, however, maxing out at 2 million square feet in completion. I think that Clark boulevard should be widened from two to five lanes and have that sharp curve smoothed out. It would alleviate traffic from Thompson Lane if it were extended from Broad Street over the Greenway and connect to Old Nashville Highway and the Gateway area. I don't know if anyone has noticed lately, but Medical Center Parkway has picked up quite a bit of traffic in the last two years. Another outlet will be needed when all of the proposed projects are completed. Can you imagine an ambulance trying to maneuver this road through rush hour in five years?

I have heard that there are already plans to widen Med. Center Pkway (when they start on the other phases), making other ventures absorb part of the cost. They did not get the $$$$ at first for Med Cener Pkway, and thus plans to widen in the future. Kind of dumb if you ask me.

One other road project finished in the 'Boro is Greenland from Highland to MT Blvd.