Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Developers staying close to Nashville w/new subdivisions

6 posts in this topic

An article in the Tennessean this morning is saying that many developers are staying within 20 miles of the DT core.

Another surprise to some of you is that Tony Giarratana may be doing something in Bells Bend. I had heard that he was considering something in that area.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ESS02/801300418

He doing some sort of partnership with jeff zetlin I think. It probably says somewhere in that article. I just skimmed through the beginning. Thatd be interesting to see some high rises pop up in that area but its doubtful.

I'm glad to hear that people are shifting back to downtown. Maybe this will curb sprawl just a little bit.

Wow! 1150 acres total in Bells Bend. The previous 800-1200 home proposal was shot down due to local opposition. I wonder how these guys plan to get around that opposition with what looks to be an even bigger development?

They'll either have to reconstruct Old Hickory Blvd or bridge the Cumberland.

I hope the statement in the article is true that developers are looking to develop infill within a 20 mile radius of Nashville rather than large farms even further outside. That's a big, big change for the better, IMO. I hope it stays that way.

The first plans were nice, the locals want to keep the area very rural and farm looking.

Please do not mention a bridge over the Cumberland, I would have to move as the bridge would be going over my house :dontknow: