Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

City Flats Hotel - Holland

11 posts in this topic

Since not a lot of people post in the Holland section, I thought I would post this here.

The new City Flats Hotel is set to open soon in Holland. It's a contemporary styled boutique hotel just off of the main drag in downtown Holland. No two rooms are alike in the 56 room hotel. Wouldn't this be an interesting concept for downtown GR? Or perhaps in a loft conversion project? The owners hope to develop this into a national chain.

2230204913_6310da66e4_o.jpg

Press link

Every room's different so that folks can develop their favorites, I guess.

From my beloved Freep:

KK: 6301 or 6302?

CB: Definitely 6302! 6301 has two double beds.

A City Flats would be great along Ionia. I thought I read that they have commitments for other locations in Michigan and out of state. It kind of reminds me of a more upscale Hyatt Place.

I went last Friday to the City Vu Restaurant inside City Flats Hotel and it had really good food with a focus on fresh and healthy. The restaurant is located on the top floor with views of the city and Macatawa Lake. When the weather is better they have outdoor seating which will be a huge success during the summer. Last Friday the restaurant was packed which is not bad for not advertising the opening.

I think the lot that Tallhouse is trying to build on would be a great location for a City Flats Hotel. :)

Joe

Nice building. Does anybody know who the designers were on the City Flats Hotel project?

GMB just got a sustainable design award for it, but was there an out-of-state desgin firm too?

I say they focus on being regional first and then national. That way we would have one of their boutique hotels in GR.

GMB A/E was the design architect and engineers for the project. Interiors were by CHi the parent company of City Flats. There was no out-of-state design firm. City Flats recently recieved LEED Gold on the project as well, only the third hotel in the U.S. to achieve Gold.

I agree that I'd love to see a City Flats Hotel in GR. With all of the hotel ideas being floated, it will be interesting to see if City Flats will (or wants to) enter the fray.

Joe

I stayed there last month on a weekend getaway with my wife. It's just an AWESOME hotel. Downtown GR needs a boutique/concept hotel like this in the worst way. We upgraded to the biggest suite there and it was still only $180. HUGE room...something like 900+ sq/ft...fantastic bathroom/tub/walk in shower too.

I'd stay there again in heartbeat instead of paying more for a much smaller room at the JW or AGPH.