Walden in East Nashville

smeagolsfree

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it time. I am sure in 10 years this area will be transformed even more. I have biked in this area too. It will be more exciting once the new bridge is finished over the Cumberland. I have a friend that lives over on Harwood and I go over to her house quite a bit. The Rose Pepper is a good place to eat too. I have eaten there anumber of times, but it is a little bit of a drive from Ashland City.

• 1 month later...

NCP Article - A Dining Dearth No Longer: The East Side Has Arrived

A nice article today about all of the restaurant openings happening throughout East Nashville.

The Calypso Cafe is great and is packed! It sure is a good replacement for the Payless Shoes. There are picnic tables out front (and they could use a few more as well) which continue to activate that intersection where East Literature Magnet, the East library, Woodland Presbyterian and a few other things all come together. I think that it is funny that although the restaurant faces Gallatin Pike, they use the Gartland Street address, which is the side entrance to the parking lot!

I haven't yet been to the Veggie Cafe at Porter Road and Riverside, but will try to get over there. That intersection with the new housing where Porter Road splits at Cahal Ave just east of Riverside is much nicer now than when I looked at a house a block away in 2005 and half of the windows had been broken out. Maybe I should have bought that house after all!

I can't wait for Walden to open with a couple more restaurants and businesses. Pretty soon I will not need to leave my neighborhood for anything except my short commute to work!

What I love about East Nashville are all of the little areas of development happening at some of the intersections throughout this part of town. Old commercial buildings are being developed in to restaurants and stores. I love the area around Rosepeppers and the new development at McGavock and Riverside in Inglewood is nice as well.

Archived