Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

Nope....that parking lot is theoretically not part of Bohemian.  It's owned by First Citizens Bank since 1987.  Bohemian (Kessler Development)  closed on the land last year, which was carved off of the Carillon parcel.  The loading dock driveway off of Church still belongs to the Carillon, but the rest of the quadrant at Church and Trade will be for the Bohemian.

I have no idea what may be planned for the site you mention, but it is clearly a prime parcel that could really help bridge North and South Church streets.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

The BB&T Center is on the market but found this nugget in their sales brochure by HFF concerning the spiral parking ramp. I did not know this about it. 

The foundation and structure are in place in the Building’s spiral express down ramp to support an additional 12 stories (approximately 80,000 square feet) of residential, hotel, or office use. Given BB&T Center’s location at the focal point of activity in Charlotte, significant upside could be created by adding vertical density to the existing site. Furthermore, BB&T Center has the added benefit of an extensive amount of parking, which could support additional density while still maintaining a distinct advantage over its competitors

Very interesting for the future owner. Would be a great location for hotel with all the connectivity. 

Well that is awesome. Add it to the 2017 list

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KJHburg said:

The BB&T Center is on the market but found this nugget in their sales brochure by HFF concerning the spiral parking ramp. I did not know this about it. 

The foundation and structure are in place in the Building’s spiral express down ramp to support an additional 12 stories (approximately 80,000 square feet) of residential, hotel, or office use. Given BB&T Center’s location at the focal point of activity in Charlotte, significant upside could be created by adding vertical density to the existing site. Furthermore, BB&T Center has the added benefit of an extensive amount of parking, which could support additional density while still maintaining a distinct advantage over its competitors

Very interesting for the future owner. Would be a great location for hotel with all the connectivity. 

I saw a rendering years ago at my former job with a tower added on top of the spiral deck of the BB&T building. This was before the recession. I saw rendering of several building from that time that were never announced, and for good reason. They never materialized due to the recession coming.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2016 at 11:09 AM, Miesian Corners said:

Hate to bring this up again, but has anyone ever gotten a yea or nay on whether or not the BofA Corporate Center's lighting scheme is completed? If it is finished, it looks like shiate. 

Maybe someone at the Charlotte Observer can get an answer to this?

On 12/18/2016 at 11:09 AM, Miesian Corners said:

Hate to bring this up again, but has anyone ever gotten a yea or nay on whether or not the BofA Corporate Center's lighting scheme is completed? If it is finished, it looks like shiate. 

I noticed them testing LED lighting a few weeks ago on one of the corners...so to answer your question I don't think they are done and are installing the LED lights on the lower tiers of the building. The crown on top seems to be complete though.

10 hours ago, uptownliving said:

I noticed them testing LED lighting a few weeks ago on one of the corners...so to answer your question I don't think they are done and are installing the LED lights on the lower tiers of the building. The crown on top seems to be complete though.

Last I checked they were still installing (and having issues with) the terraced lighting

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Future site of the UP bar and grill?

225 N. Caldwell Street and 6th Street
6,480 s.f. +/- per tax records
Includes 5 free parking spaces
Less than 300 feet from the Hornet's Arena
Formally was the Vault Nightclub
Zoned UMUD
Base Rent $12,500

That's the old BreakfastClub building. I miss that place, Roxbury just isn't the same

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Future site of the UP bar and grill?

225 N. Caldwell Street and 6th Street
6,480 s.f. +/- per tax records
Includes 5 free parking spaces
Less than 300 feet from the Hornet's Arena
Formally was the Vault Nightclub
Zoned UMUD
Base Rent $12,500

I'm in!  Urban Planet would actually be a cool name also, with a big neon sign.  Where "everybody knows your" profile...

Only problem I see is that there would be zero women in there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBS said:

I'm in!  Urban Planet would actually be a cool name also, with a big neon sign.  Where "everybody knows your" profile...

Only problem I see is that there would be zero women in there.

There are a couple of women who are regular posters believe it or not. 

On 12/15/2016 at 8:40 AM, uptownliving said:

Fourth Ward Bread Company got some new building permits approved this week for their potential rehab from the fire years ago. Maybe someone closer to them can provide more color if these new permits actually mean anything or not.

That's exciting, but I will remain a skeptic until they are open for business again.

• 2 weeks later...

NC Railroad sold ,32 acre tract between MLK and 3rd street to an investor group out of Henderson NV (Vegas) for $1.5 million that seems to be a parking lot now between 1 WF tower and 300 South Brevard. Interesting wonder if land banking or have more immediate plans? Buyer is One Wells Tract Two LLC   

• Like 1