atlrvr

Misc. Uptown Projects/News

Post only miscellaneous topics here   78 members have voted

  1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

    • Ok
      53
    • No, I don't know how to internet.
      25

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4009 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2017 at 8:34 PM, Nick2 said:

BB&T Center in Uptown just sold to Arden Real Estate Partners.

There's going to invest 10 million in upgrades to the building.

The REIT that sold it bought it in 2007 and made over 30 million just by sitting on it for 10 years. Talk about a good investment!

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/06/14/bb-t-center-sells-for-148-5m-to-arden-group.html

Protip: if you've reached the three article limit and don't have a subscription, you can just hit escape right as the page is loading to get around the paywall. Pictures usually don't load properly this way but you'll be able to read the article for free.

$10m sounds like a lot, but is more than likely just a facelift - though admittedly a needed one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Spartan said:

$10m sounds like a lot, but is more than likely just a facelift - though admittedly a needed one.

Actually, I can't imagine $10 mil going very far. I was hoping they'd do something with the parking ramp and (my pet peeve) the cold, dank gap in the Overstreet Mall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I can't imagine $10mil doing much for the facade of the building. Maybe retouching street level and remodeling the lobby. That much money doesn't spread very far these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ground floor of the first citizens building is being cleared out (leases terminated). Supposedly the entire floor is getting redone for more high-price restaurant space and who-knows-what. The salon and Jersey Mikes will be relocated, but unfortunately the Boardroom restaurant and convenience store (both of which were run by the most absurdly nice people) have been kicked out. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trend of removing lobbies continues, and the Tryon Street restaurant-and-no-retail-except-banks-and-FedEx-for-some-reason district takes another huge step forward!

Anyone want to take a wager on how many years we have to wait before the 300 South Tryon lobby gets converted to usable restaurant space?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like something is going into the small retail space of the parking deck at w 4th and church

IMG_8735.JPG

IMG_8736.JPG

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Abbeydale moved into Tryon Plaza.  Now this shop is taking the old space.  Seems to be men's clothing as before.  Interesting little pipeline developing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Seabrooke said:

Looks like something is going into the small retail space of the parking deck at w 4th and church

IMG_8735.JPG

IMG_8736.JPG

 

13 hours ago, alb1no panther said:

Yeah Abbeydale moved into Tryon Plaza.  Now this shop is taking the old space.  Seems to be men's clothing as before.  Interesting little pipeline developing. 

It's House of LeMond, men's clothing boutique. He used to be in Area 15. Easily the best styles you wont find anywhete else, and at the cheapeat prices.. My entire sweater, scarf, belt, and shoe collection have come from him for the last few years.

The owner (I just call him LeMond) is a really great guy. When he's not doing local fashion scene stuff he's working with youths to teach them how to dress well for success.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

 

It's House of LeMond, men's clothing boutique. He used to be in Area 15. Easily the best styles you wont find anywhete else, and at the cheapeat prices.. My entire sweater, scarf, belt, and shoe collection have come from him for the last few years.

The owner (I just call him LeMond) is a really great guy. When he's not doing local fashion scene stuff he's working with youths to teach them how to dress well for success.

I'm an old soul, and really appreciate and support this kind of thing.  As the oldest in a single-parent household growing up, I know from experience that having men in the community reach out and show compassion, interest, and positivity opens a young man's world bigly.  Hopefully this continues in Charlotte, instead of the wasted energy and focus on perceived past wrongs.

Edited by alb1no panther
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now