Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

2 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

^Thanks, @QCxpat! 

I only just noticed the Poplar Apts recently from inside Skyhouse, high up. I thought it was another factory, or maybe an old hospital-style building. But it is truly magnificent, and like the Frederick very easy to miss in this tree-heavy ward!

I almost bought a place in there 5 years ago as an investment, was outbid, its a hell of a building!

Does anyone have the inside scoop on Staccato7 (http://www.staccato7.com/)?  I called the Savy & Co brokers the other day and spoke with Pat Deely.  He mentioned that current developer had to back out due to a death in the family, and the project is currently under contract with another developer.  I was hoping to find out a little info on the new developer.  I really like this development and would like to do what I can to make sure it is built ...and so I can buy a unit.  Please let me know if you have any inside info.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pgsinger said:

Does anyone have the inside scoop on Staccato7 (http://www.staccato7.com/)?  I called the Savy & Co brokers the other day and spoke with Pat Deely.  He mentioned that current developer had to back out due to a death in the family, and the project is currently under contract with another developer.  I was hoping to find out a little info on the new developer.  I really like this development and would like to do what I can to make sure it is built ...and so I can buy a unit.  Please let me know if you have any inside info.

Its not happening. Simply put. For more reasons that just a death in the family. I don't think the economics were right, and the per unit costs went way over expectations, and would have pushed the costs above what Charlotte buyers are comfortable with in a townhouse.

24 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

That would be an awfully sweet space for, say, perusing and purchasing assorted gifts or apparel-type goods. 

It would be awesome if a UP member rented a spot like that to start a shop. I've been thinking about a gift shop in Uptown as visitor foot traffic seems to be growing. Should qualify for an SBA loan (I think). Just hard to quit my day job :( as I know it requires going all in. Maybe a UP partnership, we split the profits!

Looks like the lease on the SunTrust spot is being marketed at $88,000 per year (BOOOOO).

Edited by CLT2014

28 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Not for nothing, Suntrust has closed its branch location at 112 S Tryon. That would be an awfully sweet space for, say, perusing and purchasing assorted gifts or apparel-type goods. 

One of our favorite little gift shops in Uptown is located in the Overstreet Mall.  I believe it's to the right of Walgreens near the Starbucks (BOA plaza).  I think it's called The BeeHive or something.  Wish we had more street-facing gift shops like that instead of being hidden inside.  Love this place bc it offers a little bit of everything (with a touch of Charlotte).  Meaning a lot of Charlotte related/inspired gifts.  Locally made soap, jewelry, paintings, clothing, etc.  But good lord ^ 88k a year?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

But good lord ^ 88k a year?

It looks like any retail near Tryon or College is going for $40 / square foot. SunTrust is 2,200 sq/ feet at $40 / sf. 

Assuming a 25% gross profit margin on a gift shop, the first $350,000 in annual sales per year would just go toward covering rent :( 

No wonder we have lots of chains with deep pockets and mainly restaurants. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Scribe said:

I have been waiting for this project to publish the site plans....

Finally seeing some motion on the parcels across S Brevard from the CTC (this is just crappy surface parking lot now....)

19 story tower (will be marketed as 20 story)

image.png.027f95524c49d8d1b2d79c815e48dce9.png

image.png.5db9f26df3bf81b24545b4cdf9bc5428.png

image.png.252af9f9d09afd83b14034db423aaa89.png

The hell did you get that???

BTW, these blocks (around the CTC) were supposed to start developing much earlier. And this is not the biggest/coolest thing planned. My wish/hope - with this project - is that it gives others the confidence to get moving on their proposals as well.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Can you slap a 226 foot tower into a skyline shot of Charlotte? Like you've done with Legacy, etc... please?

on any day other than today I would lol. I actually started building a whole charlotte development model that could be imported into Google Earth, but it got too complex and it crashed my google earth seemly forever.

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

on any day other than today I would lol. I actually started building a whole charlotte development model that could be imported into Google Earth, but it got too complex and it crashed my google earth seemly forever.

Google Earth's Charlotte shot is from 2015. It is in dire need of an update.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

All I see is "give me an hour"... I can wait.

Edited by Scribe
  • Haha 4