Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

5 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

This is a random question, but does anyone know what building PNC operates out of locally? Is it Uptown?  I know they have a presence, and I was thinking about the various bank towers (BOAT, Ally, First National Bank).  I am wondering if PNC might be big enough to eventually need their own tower Uptown.  Unrelated, but I still trying to figure out who might be an anchor for the NAI Midtown building.

Thanks!

I think PNC bank considers their main Charlotte office that one on Randolph at 2000 Randolph Rd near the Orthopedic Hospital.  They are definitely in the neighborhood of the new Midtown tower proposed by NAI.  I think other anchor tenant possibilities could be some firms pushed out of BofA Corporate Center.  If they want to be a player here like First National Bank also of Pittsburgh they should raise their profile for sure.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

No idea what "Piedmont Town Center" is but I legit lol'd when I read that name. Is that the least toughest/most blah sounding corporate address ever?

You are not far off. That place is very quiet & dull. Kind of a disappointment for such a large development right on a main street in a supposedly lively area.

https://www.piedmonttowncenter.com

• Like 1

Does anyone know where we can see some updated 3 D images of Charlotte?  Google maps shows no 615 South College building and the Charlotte Observer Building proudly stands in their outdated maps.  I am missing a newer version somehow? 

• Like 2

I'm not up on my Stonewall, so I don't know what project this is, but here's the view from my cube....errr, office.  Bonus cranes in the background.....Dimensional Place maybe?  Oh speaking of cranes here's the collaborative Charlotte Crane map.....no idea how up-to-date it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1stPo4OgYelaaEDP5Ceyg1rTxajE&usp=sharing

view.jpg

• Like 1

Wow I heard just 2 floors 20 and 21 but they will 120,000 sq ft PLUS in First Citizens and it says the building went from 29% leased to 59% leased in 1 year.  7 full floors in First Citizens and 4 in Stonewall Station.   The micro roasted coffee business is going to explode with this expansion LOL! 

the building's new website http://www.128stryon.com/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, NYCLT said:

What ever happened to Fourth Ward Bread? It looked like they were about to get moving last year but nothing ever happened. 

Its dead. They took the sign down from the window. I'm just hoping someone will find a way to re-use the building sooner than later.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Spartan said:

Its dead. They took the sign down from the window. I'm just hoping someone will find a way to re-use the building sooner than later.

That entire block has great community potential.  The buildings form a cohesive area that provides an awesome 'blank canvas' for any planner/designer.  Just need to buy-out the autoshop's lease.  Alas . . . 

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies but I couldn't find a better spot for this (I believe one exists though).  The building on 5th Street located on the future spot for the police station is now empty and an asbestos contractor was working on it last week.  Presumably, it's in advance of demolition.  The prior tenant moved two weeks ago.  No idea on the time-frame but they appear to be moving ahead with the relocation (which opens up the current location for redevelopment also). 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JBS said:

My apologies but I couldn't find a better spot for this (I believe one exists though).  The building on 5th Street located on the future spot for the police station is now empty and an asbestos contractor was working on it last week.  Presumably, it's in advance of demolition.  The prior tenant moved two weeks ago.  No idea on the time-frame but they appear to be moving ahead with the relocation (which opens up the current location for redevelopment also). 

I was just about to post this. I'm glad to see this moving. It, along with Gateway station, will truly make Gateway Village fell connected to the rest of Uptown.

Now I just need to remember to cross the street while walking to the office BEFORE I get to the construction site.

6 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Couldn’t find a topic to put this under but I want to hear some collaboration, What do you guys think the next ‘It’ area(s) are in Charlotte?

I have a “what should be an it” area of Charlotte.... 

Morehead! Sooo much potential, construction going on but so underrated (the part around Pinky’s)

i dunno if it will be an “it” place soon, but it should be. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Way way back in the 1990's maybe even late 80's, that was the Pine Room.  There was a Harper's concept or 2 in between that and Room 112.

The Pine Room was amazing.  It was a tiny white table cloth fine dining place covered in pine panelling, really unlike anything that exists now.  It was more "big city" for it's hole-in-the-wall secret vibe.

It closed and relaunched as much larger The Zebra over across from South Park around 2000.

• Like 1