Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

On 8/7/2018 at 5:20 PM, NCMike1990 said:

Does anyone know what is being built at 1st and Cedar?

Isn’t the 1st St and Cedar St project part of Johnson & Wales continued development in Third Ward (it’s not on the development map)? I remember having that conversation with a neighbor that lives over there, but I also had margaritas and beers...

Edited by JoshuaDrown

37 minutes ago, JoshuaDrown said:

The Community Matters Cafe under construction at 821 W 1st will employ students from the Charlotte Rescue Mission’s substance abuse recovery programs. That is a great project.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/community/groundbreaking-ceremony-held-for-community-matters-cafe/275-563354320

I believe they are also going to be employing women from the Dove's Nest abused women's shelter. 

• Like 1

The CBJ had this to say about the main library redevelopment project:

A new Main Library is expected to break ground in 2020 and open in 2023.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/08/14/mecklenburg-county-buys-another-portion-of.html

(other than that one sentence the article is about a N Tryon County project)

Someone recently posted a full list of residential projects slated to complete and come online in roughly the next ~6 months. I cant seem to locate it. Can someone find that and quote it? I'm trying to compile it for something...

First person to find it gets a high five from the Sgt (I give you my word I'll hunt you down and slap that hand so hard)!

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Someone recently posted a full list of residential projects slated to complete and come online in roughly the next ~6 months. I cant seem to locate it. Can someone find that and quote it? I'm trying to compile it for something...

First person to find it gets a high five from the Sgt (I gice you my word I'll hunt you down and slap that hand so hard)!

not a complete list but the Business Journal had this one recently

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/08/02/residential-roundup-whats-happening-in-the.html

Send a burger or Krispy Kreme doughnut to .......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apologize for the horrendous coloring but I tried to make it stand out. It looks much better in person. This was taken zoomed in on a cell phone through office windows etc  

Anyone have the scoop on what they are doing with the exterior of the Westin?

Film? Aerosol spray? They appear to be coloring the thin bands with a very vibrant deep blue. 

2A14875E-7FFA-4306-A5C7-83F7B900A864.jpeg

54B6AA62-A171-418F-A1A4-CE38294F46F2.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Apologize for the horrendous coloring but I tried to make it stand out. It looks much better in person. This was taken zoomed in on a cell phone through office windows etc  

Anyone have the scoop on what they are doing with the exterior of the Westin?

Film? Aerosol spray? They appear to be coloring the thin bands with a very vibrant deep blue. 

Oh that's weird. I'm stumped on this one

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

Johnston Building didn't have a huge lobby anyway it was built in 1920s just some underutilized space there.  I bank at 5/3 branch there wonder if they are moving?

Yes they are.  Signs are up on the doors and the ATM outside saying closing in 2/3 weeks.  Says go use N. Tryon building.

Edited by navigator319