Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article222710010.html

New CEO and other senior execs.  Growing corporate HQ.  Investing in tech workers....sounds like someone should lease some Uptown space.

Elsewhere in the company, Ellison said Lowe’s will continue to invest in information technology, a sector now headed by former Target executiveSeemantini Godbole. Ellison wouldn’t disclose details but said the investment will include growth at its corporate headquarters.

“We’re going to have some aggressive hiring plans that will impact us in our home location to create some jobs,” Ellison said

• Like 2

Im going to say it: Coke Museum 

I mean bankers gotta stay up late somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Usually announcements slow down towards the end of the year. Not our city!

Gotta get announcements on the 2018 tax roll.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article222710010.html
New CEO and other senior execs.  Growing corporate HQ.  Investing in tech workers....sounds like someone should lease some Uptown space.

Elsewhere in the company, Ellison said Lowe’s will continue to invest in information technology, a sector now headed by former Target executiveSeemantini Godbole. Ellison wouldn’t disclose details but said the investment will include growth at its corporate headquarters.

“We’re going to have some aggressive hiring plans that will impact us in our home location to create some jobs,” Ellison said

I Absolutely expect a uptown presence soon.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Hmmmm....a "pre-submittal" meeting was requested for a new hotel for the little wedge of undeveloped land on N Tryon bound by 10th and the Brookshire exit to College.

11th**

9 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Ahhh...right...I'm so ashamed.

The geometry of that parcel would lead to a pretty funky design I would think/hope.

I do think it would have to be a mid-matket brand for that location.

I'd guess Cambria, personally, and around the height of Moxy, because of space constraints.

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, EllAyyDub said:

Could this potentially be smoke and mirrors to increase property value before a center city rail alignment (and subsequent land acquisition) gets announced?  Too much tin foil on my part?

its already UMUD, which gives it pretty good value

Edited by Guest