Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

1 hour ago, CLT704 said:

Yeah, not fan of how many logos are going up on our skyline. That is/was one of the best things about our skyscrapers. 

I'm generally not a fan of unneeded government intrusion, especially in something that's fairly trivial at the end of the day. BUT, I wouldn't totally be opposed to a better signage ordinance.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the cat is out of the bag in terms of high rise signage in Charlotte with Regions, BOAT at Legacy, Ally, Grant Thorton etc even Fifth Third has some signage on their tower.  Though this WeWork seems a lot bigger than I imagined.

Duke logo will be HUGE. At least as it’s currently planned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Bruco72 said:

I'm generally not a fan of unneeded government intrusion, especially in something that's fairly trivial at the end of the day. BUT, I wouldn't totally be opposed to a better signage ordinance.

We actually do, everyone of those signs mentioned above has had to get a rezoning to approve them, with the loan exception, possibly Grant Thornton.  GT upsized probably 15 years ago, but not sure if it confirms with the sign ordinance, or if the got a rezoning as well.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Isn’t Passport in that same building? I thought they had the upper couple floors. I guess WeWork has more total space. 

Also I thought they were rebranding. brb while I google that. 

Passport has 2 floors maybe 3 but WeWork has 7 full floors and has about 120,000 sq ft.   They missed the boat in Regions tower they are the biggest tenant there too but Regions was first to lease and got naming rights.  

• Like 1

Cousins  is buying Tier REIT of Dallas who owns Bank of America Plaza uptown.  Cousins of course has a lot of building uptown 5/3 Center, Gateway Village (50/50 with BofA), Hearst, Nascar Plaza, Dimensional Funds 

View from Georgia https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2019/03/25/cousins-ceo-tier-reit-deal-reflects-more-u-s-jobs.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2019-03-25&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1553541419&j=87433031

Company investors view

http://investors.cousins.com/Cache/1001250272.PDF?O=PDF&T=&Y=&D=&FID=1001250272&iid=102939

regardless Charlotte and Austin are the key markets after the ATL 

I like Cousins and their holdings.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Cousins  is buying Tier REIT of Dallas who owns Bank of America Plaza uptown.  Cousins of course has a lot of building uptown 5/3 Center, Gateway Village (50/50 with BofA), Hearst, Nascar Plaza, Dimensional Funds 

View from Georgia https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2019/03/25/cousins-ceo-tier-reit-deal-reflects-more-u-s-jobs.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2019-03-25&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1553541419&j=87433031

Company investors view

http://investors.cousins.com/Cache/1001250272.PDF?O=PDF&T=&Y=&D=&FID=1001250272&iid=102939

regardless Charlotte and Austin are the key markets after the ATL 

I like Cousins and their holdings.  

Thanks for uploading the investors sheet as well. I dont even know how you found that. I read that they will be the #1 office holders in Austin CBD and Mditwon/Buckhead. Do you have any estimate of what the combined company will be ranked in Charlotte? I know they'll hve Hearst, 5/3, and now B of A Plaza, so I presume Cousins must have moved up a little.

• Like 1

this is my first short movie posted and this was taken by a friend in high places.   This is the WeWork sign being installed.  This movie is rated G for General audiences. 

Having trouble saving the video and attaching it here. 

Edited by KJHburg
still working on this
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:51 PM, CLT704 said:

^I'm surprised they're not vacating Two or Three, or is WF basically 'name-only' for those buildings? 

image.png.a20e52c6c992abfb77b13bf246a35c71.png

KJ - your wish has been granted. US Bank to old D&D space

Edited by lancer22
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lancer22 said:

KJ - your wish has been granted. US Bank to old D&D space

Uptown Charlotte has less bank branches than just a few years ago.  Remember Bank of America Plaza had a huge branch none anyone.  400 South Tryon had a branch.  Fifth Third had 2 branches now one branch.  However I am happy that US Bank is opening a branch here.  Probably wanted to get the spot before that NY mega bank came into town JP Morgan Chase. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Couple more miscellaneous uptown photos.  I have always liked the Interstate Tower aka 121 West Trade.  Barings 300 S Tryon is still one of my favorite new buildings.  Even the uptown stunner aka Ascent looks good from afar.   To the right is the Jonas Federal bldg expansion site with its 2 cranes. 

IMG_2339 (2).JPG

IMG_2346.JPG

IMG_2348.JPG

The days of the auto-park and Packard Place are numbered methinks

• Like 2