Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

5 hours ago, kermit said:

Interesting discovery in the CATS Charlotte Railroads Projects Update document I stumbled across today: https://charlottenc.gov/Transportation/PlansProjects/Documents/CharlotteRailroadProjectsUpdate.pdf#search=CATS

It appears that plans to extend MLK Street to Graham street are now kaput. But they have been replaced with plans to extend Stonewall over to Cedar instead (page 11 of document). Given that the Panthers are said to be involved I suspect it will use some of the practice field space. The project is listed as  high priority and they say they would like to accomplish the job in concert with Gateway station track work. No mention of carving out space for the Silver Line (and a bike route) but they had better be thinking about that.

I guess plans for the practice fields are much further along than we had thought....

MLK already connects to Graham

50 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

Yes, he edited it now

Hard to picture how you get Stonewall over to Cedar though.  I guess it would be a bridge?  

Going under.  Not sure if they plan to dramatically widen the P&N underpass or build an additional one. Its going to be threading a needle between stadium land and the Duke substation.

On 3/24/2019 at 5:56 PM, KJHburg said:

Unfortunately the cat is out of the bag in terms of high rise signage in Charlotte with Regions, BOAT at Legacy, Ally, Grant Thorton etc even Fifth Third has some signage on their tower.  Though this WeWork seems a lot bigger than I imagined.

That is incredibly disappointing. The small signs thus far have been tasteful. This one is not. Lac of large signs is one of the things that makes our skyline look good. Sad.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Owenorange said:

Wells Fargo has signed a lease for all office space at 300 S. Brevard. Will update all the space and move in end of year through 2020. Collectively, across all properties, WF is adding 1,900 workspaces Uptown. 

Also in the announcement is that they will be signing a new long-term lease in 1WFC.  Hopefully that includes some renovations to the floors...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CLT> said:

If only their sign wasn't so obnoxiously big. Hopefully, the new sign ordinance will shrink what buildings can have on their exterior.

IMG_0737.thumb.jpg.23a682896820e696ac4d125b94ef67c3.jpg

image.thumb.png.92b68571e4595301ceb2d0be847610c6.png

Anyone else just wish it was slightly lower, and slightly smaller, so that it was centered with the windows? Or am I the only one that's bothered. See photoshopping.

Couldn't find a better fitting topic for this, but does anyone know anything about the new fire station that is going to be built on Clanton road and I-77? I know the city already has the land, not sure where exactly, but was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. Might be a stretch but possible renderings?

Side note the electric scooters in uptown are awesome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldenEagle128 said:

Couldn't find a better fitting topic for this, but does anyone know anything about the new fire station that is going to be built on Clanton road and I-77? I know the city already has the land, not sure where exactly, but was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. Might be a stretch but possible renderings?

Side note the electric scooters in uptown are awesome!

Found it. Fire Station 43 will be next to the Super 8 motel on Clanton near the Tryon intersection.

http://www.charlottefdtrucks.com/fire-stations/fire-station-43.html

Edited by NCMike1990
  • Like 2