atlrvr

Misc. Uptown Projects/News

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:50 AM, NCMike1990 said:

I found this YT clip of a chopper lifting the Wework sign into place. 

Source

I need whatever soundproofing that building has at my apartment 

• Like 2

This from our frenemy  down south Atlanta a list of their spectacular high rises never built.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/maps/atlanta-skyscraper-tower-buildings-midtown-downtown-buckhead

But before you laugh too hard here are some of our never built high rises in Charlotte 

40 story 577 feet tall One Charlotte still on the Portman website 

https://www.portmanusa.com/en/projects/residential/one-charlotte/?lite_escape=1

other notable never builts in Charlotte would be the 1000 South Tryon office tower where apartments are rising,  the 1 Brevard high rise condo tower and of course the big daddy 4 First Union Tower 80 stories and over 1000 feet tall.  Also 300 South Tryon was originally proposed as a 30 something story building with condos and offices and when it got built it was a 25 story office tower (love it just noting it was proposed taller)

and there are more like the Burt Gellman space needle on N Tryon with restaurant on top.  I am sure I am missing many but it interesting to see plans.  

• Like 2

Just now, tozmervo said:

The list of proposed and unbuilt towers in Nashville is pretty impressive, too. I'm legit surprised no one has been able to break the 33-story record height of the batman building yet. 

Believe me when I say they are very sensitive to that over in Nashville as I mentioned once what it would take and I was pummeled about it LOL

Every city has a list of unbuilt mega high rises for sure. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

The list of proposed and unbuilt towers in Nashville is pretty impressive, too. I'm legit surprised no one has been able to break the 33-story record height of the batman building yet. 

Theres like a bazillion more.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

This from our frenemy  down south Atlanta a list of their spectacular high rises never built.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/maps/atlanta-skyscraper-tower-buildings-midtown-downtown-buckhead

But before you laugh too hard here are some of our never built high rises in Charlotte 

40 story 577 feet tall One Charlotte still on the Portman website 

https://www.portmanusa.com/en/projects/residential/one-charlotte/?lite_escape=1

other notable never builts in Charlotte would be the 1000 South Tryon office tower where apartments are rising,  the 1 Brevard high rise condo tower and of course the big daddy 4 First Union Tower 80 stories and over 1000 feet tall.  Also 300 South Tryon was originally proposed as a 30 something story building with condos and offices and when it got built it was a 25 story office tower (love it just noting it was proposed taller)

and there are more like the Burt Gellman space needle on N Tryon with restaurant on top.  I am sure I am missing many but it interesting to see plans.  

Four First Union – 1114 Feet
InSpire Charlotte – 1000 feet
Trump Charlotte – 955 feet and 557 feet
210 Trade – 601 feet
Twelve Hotel and Residences – 517 feet 
Holton Square – The predecessor to Epicenter – 450 feet
3 iterations of 300 South Tryon
Citidan Twin Towers
Polk Building Twin Towers
That 25 floor time share that was misprinted as "52 floor timeshare." by the observer
in the 1980s Barclays America was going to build 2 or 3 towers
Concourse
Encore, Beekman which came before Belk Place

There was a 40 floor office tower, and condo towers planned where skyhouse and eventually 10 Tryon will be built.

gosh I could go on and on.

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I remember Holton Square is was a 2-3 tower complex and that dream was somewhat done with the 2 hotels at the Epicenter.

I can't believe I forgot about 201 Trade the tower that hundreds of people in Charlotte lost $1000s on it when their deposits were never refunded.    (Not me of course because I was suspicious from the get go when I saw they had only built 3-4 wood frame apartment complexes in the midwest. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4