Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:42 PM, ah59396 said:

Pano time!!!

image.jpeg

I love how unintentionally impressionistic digital images can get.

A crop from above I like to call Park Sidewalk:

Park Sidewalk.jpg

Edited by DEnd

5 minutes ago, mpretori said:

Take note everyone...this is what happens when you read charlottestories. You come across months (or years) old news articles that charlottestories has plagiarized from the original stories and reposts as sparkling new "news"

Not to mention this is an extreme pipe dream.

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Take note everyone...this is what happens when you read charlottestories. You come across months (or years) old news articles that charlottestories has plagiarized from the original stories and reposts as sparkling new "news"

LMAO...

23 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

I LOATHE Charlotte Stories. They are constantly manipulating post dates to make old, stale news look like it's breaking. I have so many residential "real estate" friends on facebook that will repost Charlotte Stories that are 4, 5 months old and it makes me cringe every time. I swear they didn't use to put date stamps on their "articles" at all, so I'm glad they are now. BUT WAIT! . . . . They changed the post date of this story to June 6th. When they originally posted it in February (when the news broke). </rant>

lEGbezw.png?1

------------------------------

qrnXcBF.png?1

-----------------

1FG5mJK.png?1

34 minutes ago, Crown said:

I LOATHE Charlotte Stories. They are constantly manipulating post dates to make old, stale news look like it's breaking. I have so many residential "real estate" friends on facebook that will repost Charlotte Stories that are 4, 5 months old and it makes me cringe every time. I swear they didn't use to put date stamps on their "articles" at all, so I'm glad they are now. BUT WAIT! . . . . They changed the post date of this story to June 6th. When they originally posted it in February (when the news broke). </rant>

lEGbezw.png?1

------------------------------

qrnXcBF.png?1

-----------------

1FG5mJK.png?1

The FOX News case back in like 2009 IIRC approved this kind of behavior.  Nothing we can do but educate ourselves and stop giving them clicks and follows.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 10:56 AM, Jayvee said:

Agreed. I have no idea how so many people know about them, but don't know they're shady, uninformed plagerists that get away with it. I tell everyone I know to stop following them when they post stuff but it's like a plague. 

They post on the Charlotte subreddit and I think the mods there banned the url at some point.  

Sadly this is the cost of having everyone connected on a platform like Facebook...where you can be engaged by sharing and liking with a click.  Ignorance spreads like wildfire.

On June 6, 2016 at 8:47 AM, Crown said:

"friends in "real estate"" is an amazing quote and sums up the majority of the people in the industry. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dcharlotte said:

"friends in "real estate"" is an amazing quote and sums up the majority of the people in the industry. 

They consider themselves "thought leaders"   (heard this buzzword about two weeks ago, and have been having Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon ever since)

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 8:15 AM, Jayvee said:

:tw_cry: Even if it was a fake story, would be really neat to have it in uptown, however unlikely that is. 

54 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Yep....that was the original name of the tower....NCNB was North Carolina Nations Bank, which became just NationsBank, which became Bank of America....super cool find!

North Carolina National Bank.  The name was changed to NationsBank after the purchase of C&S/Sovran (also a large regional bank formed from the merger of banks headquartered in Atlanta and Norfolk) in 1991.

• Like 3

On 6/8/2016 at 9:51 AM, Crown said:

They consider themselves "thought leaders"   (heard this buzzword about two weeks ago, and have been having Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon ever since)

Although I'm familiar with the phenomenon, I had never heard the term Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon. I look forward to encountering it again over the next few days. =)

(and, thanks for giving me something to look up)

• Like 2

E-mail at work....I don't know what this is for, but I'm betting it's not very exciting.  Only mentioning it because there's been some talk about retail development in this deck.  I think.

" All 4 levels of the 400 S. Tryon parking deck will be under construction Sunday, June 26th from 7:00am-7:00pm. During this time parking will be limited to the center of the deck only.  Parking along the perimeter of all levels will be blocked off. "

15 minutes ago, grodney said:

E-mail at work....I don't know what this is for, but I'm betting it's not very exciting.  Only mentioning it because there's been some talk about retail development in this deck.  I think.

" All 4 levels of the 400 S. Tryon parking deck will be under construction Sunday, June 26th from 7:00am-7:00pm. During this time parking will be limited to the center of the deck only.  Parking along the perimeter of all levels will be blocked off. "

They are redoing the sidewalk on church. Brick instead of concrete. Sprucing up a bit.

but this is for structural upgrades to the deck

Edited by Jayvee

The entire southwest corner has now been cut away on the retail thingy at Trade & Tryon.  Check streetview if you forgot what this looked like.

(Edit: This may or may not work for streetview: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.22672,-80.8437681,3a,75y,118.32h,96.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-kg_EZK8hYc8hwBFUm8W7Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656)

20160623_071430_zps0ke0pgzw.jpg

20160623_071434_zpsryngbxur.jpg

Edited by grodney