Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:21 PM, KJHburg said:

More on Wells and their move into 300 South Brevard.

We have been saying this for a while but also in the article is this about Wells and DEC

""Recently, Wells Fargo has also been eyeing consolidation and expansion at Duke Energy Center, which the bank owns and where it moved its investment banking and capital markets group from One Wells in 2012. Construction permits with Mecklenburg County filed late last year on behalf of Wells Fargo indicate the bank was planning upfit work on the 33rd and 34th floors, where Barings and Cushman & Wakefield formerly had office space before both companies moved to 300 South Tryon. Other tenants at Duke Energy Center, like Deloitte, will exit the tower in the coming years as new space elsewhere comes online (Deloitte is anchoring the second office tower at Legacy Union).""

In terms of Wells exiting some space at One Wells Fargo (which they occupy about 686.xxx sq ft.)

""It was not immediately clear exactly how much space Wells would vacate or when the moves would occur. Sources have said Wells Fargo is not expected to exit the building entirely, but some have estimated it could vacate up to 300,000 square feet.""   Their super cheap lease is up at 1 WFC at end of 2021. 

Now if they can only let some of us move back Uptown to work, that would be awesome!!

• Like 2

D7E64463-EAD9-4D9A-9BEF-92D715B08B76.thumb.jpeg.5b02ffa73dbd86a1d8a921a03e016cab.jpegLooking good on All-Star weekend. Surprisingly Uptown wasn’t as busy as I expected. Crowds were confined to arena, epicenter, and Mint.  Still great exposure for Charlotte.

All star practice is going on at Bojangles Coliseum so there goes a big chunk of the crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

All star practice is going on at Bojangles Coliseum so there goes a big chunk of the crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

other part of the huge crowd is at SouthPark it is gridlocked around the mall according to my friend and lots of blacked out SUVs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2019 at 4:02 PM, tozmervo said:

My understanding is that it's "temporary" while the track work is done for the Gateway station project.

It will be closed until they install a pedestrian box as they replace the rail bridges.  County is saying 2 months for that but we will see.

Edited by a2theb
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, j-man said:

Slightly off topic, but what would it take for Charlotte to get a spot on the Curbed website? I feel this city has enough to be on there. 

Probably won't happen anytime soon. Curbed is the smallest site in Vox Media's portfolio with only 2.1 million unique visits per month and they already have many of the largest metros in the country with a city specific page. Rather than take on the costly exercise of trying to gain more site views by going to more mid-size metro areas, the strategy at Curbed is to focus on nationally relevant news and trends in architecture.

Curbed is looking at the opportunity cost of new editors. You could pay somebody to be editor for a Charlotte sub-page, and gain maybe a couple thousand new visits to Curbed... or you could pay an editor to do nationwide content relevant to the entire country and gain many many more views. Either way that employee is making the same salary, so they want to generate the most new views on the investment in their salary. Curbed's problem is the city-specific pages are limited in scope and interest to just the people that live in that metro and they are trying to get away from that. The money is in nationwide stories. 

https://digiday.com/media/voxs-curbed-expands-focus-beyond-local/

Edited by CLT2014
  • Thanks 3

I wonder if Spectrum would want to move their HQ to Charlotte one day? It's like just name a few things in the city after a company that is slightly here, then BOOM. Breaking News: Spectrum will break ground on its Headquarter building near existing Spectrum Center Uptown! lol. Wishful thinking..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, j-man said:

I wonder if Spectrum would want to move their HQ to Charlotte one day? It's like just name a few things in the city after a company that is slightly here, then BOOM. Breaking News: Spectrum will break ground on its Headquarter building near existing Spectrum Center Uptown! lol. Wishful thinking..

That sounds more like the news article from a few weeks ago in Connecticut: "Stamford: An HQ location so nice, Charter wants it twice"

Looks like Charter isn't planning to move out of Stamford anytime soon with these investments (never say never, but current plan looks like they are increasing head count at their existing HQ location). Charlotte will remain a large corporate site though.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/local/article/Stamford-An-HQ-location-so-nice-Charter-wants-13599287.php#photo-16893476

<p>Renderings filed by Charter Communications and developer Building and Land Technolody show plans for a second building, this one nine stories, on the Gateway site where its new headquarters is rising just south</p>

Edited by CLT2014
  • Thanks 1

Storage units aren't your typical sexy development, but with the amount of apartments Uptown and with a lot of people in that in between stage before they buy a house and don't have enough room in their 700 sqft apartment...storage units are really beneficial and this is the only one within 277 I believe.  

2 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Storage units aren't your typical sexy development, but with the amount of apartments Uptown and with a lot of people in that in between stage before they buy a house and don't have enough room in their 700 sqft apartment...storage units are really beneficial and this is the only one within 277 I believe.   

What about the one on Morehead next to the panthers stadium?

• Like 1

Two questions:

1) Who owns the building with Chima on the ground floor? It looks like the upper floors have been in some sort of renovation stage for a loooong time now, with no real progress.

2) Ruths Chris days must be numbered as available "prime" S. Tryon real estate dwindles. How long before this single story structure is demo'd for a nice tall infill tower? (Hotel? Residential? Combo? Might be a bit small for traditional office). It has a very "nice" address as well - 222 S. Tryon 

701446200_ScreenShot2019-02-28at9_43_51AM.thumb.png.b6668c06ebae05c10773bea2c1832065.png