Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

16 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

230 S Tryons pool is right behind the Ruth’s. Doubt that is going anywhere anytime soon.

MJ, Daughtry, Cam or some other uber rich person is renovating their pad above Chima

haha, might have stopped work because Dwight Howard was traded. He bought a place in there and filed construction permits last year.

58 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I am sure a few folks may laugh at me for this, but I have a hard time supporting anything involving golf. I feel the game  represents much of what we dislike about suburban sprawl-use of the environment: wanton destruction of natural environment for a human leisure activity, on the same level of hubris of cul-de-sac subdivisions as far as the eye can see. 

So this business won't involve all that, obviously, but I don't feel right patronizing anything that supports the game. That's just me.

It never really hit me what I didn't like about golf until I went to Page, Arizona, rounded the top of a red clay hill with no vegetation in sight, and saw the bright green expanse of grass as far as the eye can see, with no less than 100 sprinklers running.  

7 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I am sure a few folks may laugh at me for this, but I have a hard time supporting anything involving golf. I feel the game  represents much of what we dislike about suburban sprawl-use of the environment: wanton destruction of natural environment for a human leisure activity, on the same level of hubris of cul-de-sac subdivisions as far as the eye can see. 

So this business won't involve all that, obviously, but I don't feel right patronizing anything that supports the game. That's just me.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't find golf enjoyable at all. Top Golf is more like a weird combination of golf, darts, and bowling, and really quite fun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was strolling through  the Mech ROD and was surprised to find that Booth Gardens, sitting in the center of the Fourth Ward, was sold by the Salvation Army last March to BG Apartments Investors LLC.  Anyone have any scoop on why and what might be up there?