atlrvr

Misc. Uptown Projects/News

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

6 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

That is the city bus station. I first interpreted the post as intercity, or Greyhound station. 

Yes CTC station.  Reads like the developer would have to integrate the bus station into whatever their site plans are, as well as come up with a temporary solution during construction?  i.e. station would stay but something else may go there also? 

The Moxy hotel may be looking better and better if this happens. Raleigh got proposals for their bus station with a tower above. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

The Moxy hotel may be looking better and better if this happens. Raleigh got proposals for their bus station with a tower above. 

The Moxy hotel will be 10 years old by the time anything happens here

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

its an aging eye sore that's holding back a whole swath of uptown. This isn't BV, owned by a vain developer who has tasted the sweet nectar of the limelight, and abandoned his desire to develop. This is in the thick of it, and if someone could get 2.6 acres, transit and arena adjacent, they'd be stupid not to develop it quickly. 

Yes. Quite the opportunity. Perfect site for high density development (especially if a developer could acquire adjacent tracts).

37 minutes ago, DMann said:

Doesn't a July 15th date sound kind of close?

Maybe this mystery proposal was so fantastic that they want to take it now but they have to pretend to have an open bid process.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rockhilljames said:

Please be BB&T so that LH doesn't get them.

It'll take too long to get this off the ground. It won't be SunTrust. 

Question rather than a comment.

Anyone know where i could find a list that has the scheduled lighting schemes for events on uptown buildings? Thanks 

Edited by stw52

6 minutes ago, stw52 said:

Anyone know where i could find a list that has the scheduled lighting schemes for events on uptown buildings? Thanks 

Not a list per se, however, this may provide some insight:

https://www.charlottefive.com/meet-the-man-behind-the-duke-energy-center-lights/

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, stw52 said:

I'm pretty sure the building's lights have a twitter

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Yes I follow the lights 

Wells Fargo Lights

@WFLightsCLT

Official information source for Wells Fargo's light shows supporting events in our Charlotte community. Send requests to [email protected]

Thanks. They seem to update their feed after the fact. I can't find anything listing upcoming scheduling. 

Just now, stw52 said:

Thanks. They seem to update their feed after the fact. I can't find anything listing upcoming scheduling. 

they do tweet it out and there is some coordination with Charlotte Center City partners too for big events and special events. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a random thought with no real basis in reality but what if Spectrum decided to move its headquarters to Charlotte, what better place than across from the arena?  I am really curious as to who would submit an unsolicited bid for that property when there are many available sites downtown.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DMann said:

Just a random thought with no real basis in reality but what if Spectrum decided to move its headquarters to Charlotte, what better place than across from the arena?  I am really curious as to who would submit an unsolicited bid for that property when there are many available sites downtown.

Charter's building a new HQ building in Stamford, they probably won't move any time soon.