Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

13 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

It's quite possible that US Bank moves here.  I do expect Truist to purchase Hearst Tower, and eventually push out most of the rest of the tenants there.

Completely agree here; it is an attractive and visible building with an ultra desirable address. Add to that the renovations of the ground floor and the ability to gut and do the floors however they want, I wouldn't be surprised if this is US Bank Plaza sooner than later.

That said, anyone know how the naming rights work here? How long does BofA have it for?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Completely agree here; it is an attractive and visible building with an ultra desirable address. Add to that the renovations of the ground floor and the ability to gut and do the floors however they want, I wouldn't be surprised if this is US Bank Plaza sooner than later.

That said, anyone know how the naming rights work here? How long does BofA have it for?

I would say they have naming rights as long as their lease and it is up in 2020.  As this was NCNB Plaza then Nationsbank Plaza then Bank of America Plaza they will giving up their name on a building they have long held since 1970s.      This would make a great location for US Bank to plant its flag in a prominent spot and consolidate their real estate footprint.  

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 3:54 PM, lancer22 said:

The issue is that they are still not leased up 2 and 4 years after opening and maybe they never will. Also, they sold last fall for substantially less than it would cost to build them.

FWIW this made me curious so I looked in the last Real Data report that I had.

Reported vacancy at Skyhouse:

2/1/18: 30.1%
8/1/18: 5.4%

Shrug...

Edited by kermit

1 hour ago, Jasons0013 said:

BoA went to resign lease and found out that the building wanted 2-3 times more per SF.  Just what I heard.

If they had no intention to move their employees from here to their new tower, do you think they’ll take more space than originally planned at LU now? 

19 hours ago, kermit said:

FWIW this made me curious so I looked in the last Real Data report that I had.

Reported vacancy at Skyhouse:

2/1/18: 30.1%
8/1/18: 5.4%

Shrug...

Might just be the north tower you are looking at. As of right now, the combined vacancy is about 15%.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 9:24 AM, DMann said:

So....who takes the old Ally Bldg?

They lease about 140K sq or so in that building that is basically full. I think they will break that space up for several tenants as it is good building and more affordable that something brand new uptown.  They are also moving people from SouthPark and Ballantyne too. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2019 at 10:14 PM, AppState92 said:

It also mentions they are considering renovations to overstreet mall which I believe are desperately needed.  I’ve worked uptown for 25 years with most of my time in BofA Plaza and overstreet has never been updated, but the actual building renovation was spectacular.

Also, interestingly, it is one of the only parts of Overstreet that actually has activity on the weekend

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

I wonder how much longer the surface lot at Caldwell and Stonewall will stay.  That lot sticks out when you are looking at that intersection.

That is owned by the City of Charlotte for future convention center expansion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/28/2019 at 9:14 PM, Desert Power said:

So I guess it will stay for a while then...

It is reasonable that the city must plan for the future expansions there.  But the more pressing item is when all the rest of 2nd Ward, closer to McDowell will be sold for private development.   They had a great model and successfully created a development cluster, it is unclear why they are not continuing to sell one block at a time in 2nd Ward to complete the master plan that is nearly impossible for a single developer to capitalize.  

• Like 2