atlrvr

Misc. Uptown Projects/News

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:14 PM, AppState92 said:

It also mentions they are considering renovations to overstreet mall which I believe are desperately needed.  I’ve worked uptown for 25 years with most of my time in BofA Plaza and overstreet has never been updated, but the actual building renovation was spectacular.

Also, interestingly, it is one of the only parts of Overstreet that actually has activity on the weekend

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

I wonder how much longer the surface lot at Caldwell and Stonewall will stay.  That lot sticks out when you are looking at that intersection.

That is owned by the City of Charlotte for future convention center expansion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/28/2019 at 9:14 PM, Desert Power said:

So I guess it will stay for a while then...

It is reasonable that the city must plan for the future expansions there.  But the more pressing item is when all the rest of 2nd Ward, closer to McDowell will be sold for private development.   They had a great model and successfully created a development cluster, it is unclear why they are not continuing to sell one block at a time in 2nd Ward to complete the master plan that is nearly impossible for a single developer to capitalize.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

IMG_2240.JPG

The funny thing is we thought this looked like absolute crape in 2006. Now we show it off as "This is how we do it." Little did we know, the quality of residential parking decks were at their high point with this project.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, DMann said:

Sorry RDF, I didn't mean to jump on you.

hahaha, no not you. Center City Partners. I've been working on a piece about this since June. Interviewed the designer, the engineer, everyone. 

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21

I think it is significant US Bank is investing $1MM.  I am eagerly awaiting them to either build a tower or take over  BofA Plaza, rename it, and put signage up.

I don't live in the area so pardon if the question is dumb.......Does US Bank have a "presence" in Charlotte? If not, could this signal some sort of planned future presence? Why would they contribute to a public project if not in or planning to be in an area?

2 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

I don't live in the area so pardon if the question is dumb.......Does US Bank have a "presence" in Charlotte? If not, could this signal some sort of planned future presence? Why would they contribute to a public project if not in or planning to be in an area?

About 800 employees and the first east coast bank branch on the way. We've speculated for a while that they will increase greatly.

image.png.556b84fd3c842cc080acfa5283c0f7f2.png

This is one of SBP's bridges the Consol Energy Bridge in WV. They along with Thomas & Hutton (who I find less inspiring) will be designing the bridge. I would love for this to be a signature piece to the Charlotte Skyline, but at $11.5m it won't be that type of project.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article234213887.html

• Like 3