Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

IMG_2240.JPG

The funny thing is we thought this looked like absolute crape in 2006. Now we show it off as "This is how we do it." Little did we know, the quality of residential parking decks were at their high point with this project.

16 minutes ago, DMann said:

Sorry RDF, I didn't mean to jump on you.

hahaha, no not you. Center City Partners. I've been working on a piece about this since June. Interviewed the designer, the engineer, everyone. 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

I don't live in the area so pardon if the question is dumb.......Does US Bank have a "presence" in Charlotte? If not, could this signal some sort of planned future presence? Why would they contribute to a public project if not in or planning to be in an area?

About 800 employees and the first east coast bank branch on the way. We've speculated for a while that they will increase greatly.

image.png.556b84fd3c842cc080acfa5283c0f7f2.png

This is one of SBP's bridges the Consol Energy Bridge in WV. They along with Thomas & Hutton (who I find less inspiring) will be designing the bridge. I would love for this to be a signature piece to the Charlotte Skyline, but at $11.5m it won't be that type of project.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article234213887.html

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

image.png.556b84fd3c842cc080acfa5283c0f7f2.png

This is one of SBP's bridges the Consol Energy Bridge in WV. They along with Thomas & Hutton (who I find less inspiring) will be designing the bridge. I would love for this to be a signature piece to the Charlotte Skyline, but at $11.5m it won't be that type of project.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article234213887.html

Liberty Bridge in Greenville is pretty nice and it was $4.5M, also by SBP

5 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

It was built with '03 money lol. Also won't think be at least double the span of Liberty?

650 feet for 277, 380 for Liberty. I did forget it was 15 years old, feels like yesterday. 

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

650 feet for 277, 380 for Liberty. I did forget it was 15 years old, feels like yesterday. 

I would imagine 650 could cost substantially more per linear foot than a 380 ft span, however Consol Energy donated 15m for that 786' bridge, so we may be in the same ballpark quality wise. Very interested to see how this one turns out. 

1 minute ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I would imagine 650 could cost substantially more per linear foot than a 380 ft span, however Consol Energy donated 15m for that 786' bridge, so we may be in the same ballpark quality wise. Very interested to see how this one turns out. 

Well, since it's going to take 3 years to complete, we'll be in the middle of Water War 1 by then. So the final cost will be something like $8M and 10,000 barrels of water.

• Haha 1