Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:36 PM, A2. said:

It’s the heat, it’s driving people mad. :tw_confused:

But honestly, Charlotte used to be quite safe, not sure what the heck is up with people shooting in broad daylight (with first responders near the same block!)

A2 

Charlotte is still very safe. The violence is a lifestyle problem except for a few random murders which will happen each year. I'm using random as a figure of speech, not mathematically.

Edited by jednc

32 minutes ago, jednc said:

Charlotte is still very safe. The violence is a lifestyle problem except for a few random murders which will happen each year. I'm using random as a figure of speech, not mathematically.

I tend to agree. I was just shooting from the hip with my comment (no pun intended). I have to be in multiple cities for my job every week, and I feel ten times safer in Uptown than a lot of other cities I travel to. Hopefully my perception doesn’t get the best of me, j/k 

Every city has their issues, I believe the QC is still one of the good ones where a guy can go from one place to the next without fear of violence. 

That said, I can’t say the same for many other places, where I truly have my nerves tested when the sun goes down. Especially when I’m in a suit and in a dimly lit parking garage. We’ve all been there. Sketchy seems to fit the word I’m looking for. Charlotte isn’t close to there.

A2

Edited by A2.
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, A2. said:

I tend to agree. I was just shooting from the hip with my comment (no pun intended). I have to be in multiple cities for my job every week, and I feel ten times safer in Uptown than a lot of other cities I travel to. Hopefully my perception doesn’t get the best of me, j/k 

Every city has their issues, I believe the QC is still one of the good ones where a guy can go from one place to the next without fear of violence. 

That said, I can’t say the same for many other places, where I truly have my nerves tested when the sun goes down. Especially when I’m in a suit and in a dimly lit parking garage. We’ve all been there. Sketchy seems to fit the word I’m looking for. Charlotte isn’t close to there.

A2

This is what happens when access to firearms is a god given right, but a quality education is not.

9?!?! Blue-button down, Black Patagonia vest yuppies love starbucks!!!

But lemme tell y’all - Starbucks can never beat the open range and a good pot of cowboy coffee. For those city slickers who don’t know - I prefer my coffee over a fire and brewed in a kettle. “No filter” needed for my grounds, just gravity and time. 

For those want to know the TRUTH only: https://www.roastycoffee.com/cowboy-coffee/

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/2/2019 at 7:22 PM, A2. said:

A2

I completely agree with you.

19 hours ago, lancer22 said:

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned but Crescent Stonewall Station traded earlier this week for $372,500 per unit, shattering Uptown records.

And they were purchased by Lennar/LMC, who is leasing-up The Bradham at New Bern Station, and building The Ellis in First Ward.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Thanks 1