Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

25 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

huh? I talked to Charles Johnson like three weeks ago, and he said he was still moving forward with his project here. Maybe he signed them on as partner

That was still moving forward within the last three weeks?  Wow!  I can barely remember that plan from what has to be at least three years ago.  I assumed a long time ago that CJ’s project was dead. 

2 hours ago, cltcane said:

That was still moving forward within the last three weeks?  Wow!  I can barely remember that plan from what has to be at least three years ago.  I assumed a long time ago that CJ’s project was dead. 

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/86546/panther-charles-johnson-spending-incredible-3-3-million-build-firehouse-restaurant/

2.5 years at last update, but has been under development since 2015.

Per Polaris its still owned by Charles, who has some sort of fascination with Randy Watson of sexual chocolate fame.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

^That is really cool, love stuff like that!  

Wanted to ask you guys as i drove by the Mint parking deck by Panthers stadium, the corner is all blocked by construction fencing and saw a truck crane there.  Anyone know what this could be?

They are replacing the staircase that wraps around the front of the parking deck.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CTiger said:

They are replacing the staircase that wraps around the front of the parking deck.

Womp womp...was hoping for some retrofit retail slots going in or something lol.  I recall Tep saying there would be some renovations to that deck a long time ago in a presser but who knows what that means.  Thanks for the info tho.

51 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

the new Starbucks in Johnston Bldg 212 S Tryon is open and the Chopt seems to be in the hiring mode. 

Plus check out the Barings 300 South Tryon Christmas village and train display.  Really nice and they might be the winner of KJ 2nd annual award for best uptown Christmas décor.  Last year Hearst Tower won it. Multiple trains in this display freight and passenger and even a streetcar.  

KJ is the Hearst lobby open to the public?  I'd love to take a Christmas model train tour of Uptown CLT. 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, pathb said:

KJ is the Hearst lobby open to the public?  I'd love to take a Christmas model train tour of Uptown CLT. 

Thanks! 

that train display was at the Barings tower 300 south tryon and yes Hearst Tower you can walk through they have a HUGE Christmas tree on the back side by College St 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 10:54 AM, KJHburg said:

Miscellaneous projects and thoughts about Uptown

1. wasn't this retail spot at the Avenue on Church filled at one point next to the Thai place?

2. 3.  This retail spot has been vacant for 10 years or so why wouldn't the landlord which I think is Bank of America lease this to a fast food spot like McDonalds?  It would bring MickeyD's back uptown and be an anchor to drive some foot traffic that way.  Also with all the events at Spectrum families would love it too for a quick meal before a concert, circus, game.  

4.  this sign and the preservation of it is great 

5.  this is new since I have been uptown in the last few weeks bike path along 4th at S Tryon.  

IMG_6326.JPG

choose files...---------Click to choose files.url 108 B · 4 downloads

The bike path is, eventually, going to extend further east. The new Bus/Bike lanes will create a nice wide path to connect cyclists from 277 to CTC, and the green lane coming up the hill on 4th is still a challenge, but IMO the green paint helps quite a bit. Then they will remove the dead space that is used as parking on 4th (next to Chima) and build a more elaborate version of the type of bike lane seen in your photo that will still allow for express bus loading.

• Like 2

Miscellaneous photos of uptown and things I noticed. 

1. 5/3 Bank Building on N Tryon a Cousins owned building.  2. 101 Independence is redoing their retail spaces.  3.  Starbucks in BofA Plaza closed for renovations 4. New bike lane along or is that something else?

5-9     BB%T Center old McDonalds space still vacant.  New amenity deck looks really nice first time I have seen this coming back from Charlotte Plaza.  

10. 12.  new retailer art studio in the Tryon Plaza   11. new Korean BBQ bar place coming to First Citizens Bank bldg. 

IMG_9668.JPG

IMG_9682.JPG

IMG_9684.JPG

IMG_9685.JPG

IMG_9687.JPG

IMG_9691.JPG

IMG_9692.JPG

IMG_9693.JPG

IMG_9694.JPG

IMG_9724.JPG

IMG_9725.JPG

IMG_9726.JPG