Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

23 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

What is this?

Resident Culture had a beer garden there and there was an associated Christmas Market. IRRC it was just a holiday pop up, its all coming down now I believe.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/184246/resident-cultures-new-pop-up-beer-garden-opens-today-in-uptown/

Fantastic news!  Will be a great intersection of retail right there. Excellent we are fixing problems/issues of the past, however, makes me wonder...how in the F did Ally build that giant parking deck with Zero retail slots in the bottom. I mean even the light rail parking decks planned for the future with retail. To not have made accommodations for future retail already built in to the bottom was poor judgement imo. It’s facing what I consider our (current) convention center hotel, the Westin and regions tower. Also one of the gateways into south end . In 2020 we are retrofitting parking decks with retail. Last year 2019, Ally built a giant wall of a parking along college...wonder how many years it will take to convert the bottom there to retail smh. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

4 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Fantastic news!  Will be a great intersection of retail right there. Excellent we are fixing problems/issues of the past, however, makes me wonder...how in the F did Ally build that giant parking deck with Zero retail slots in the bottom. I mean even the light rail parking decks planned for the future with retail. To not have made accommodations for future retail already built in to the bottom was piss poor judgement imo. It’s facing what I consider our (current) convention center hotel, the Westin and regions tower. Also one of the gateways into south end . In 2020 we are retrofitting parking decks with retail. Last year 2019, Ally built a giant wall of a parking along college...wonder how many years it will take to convert the bottom there to retail smh. 

I thought the Former novare parking deck (by ally & catalyst) was built to support retail at least eventually.

i thought a grocery store was even rumored in it?

4 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I thought the Former novare parking deck (by ally & catalyst) was built to support retail at least eventually.

i thought a grocery store was even rumored in it?

Im talking about the new Ally tower deck. (Tryon place) where the JW is on stonewall. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

So, (directed to RDF) is this thing really going to happen???  This is behind The Silos near the ADM facility.

A new residential tower on the northern edge of uptown and a hospital in south Charlotte were among the rezoning petitions approved by Charlotte City Council on Tuesday night.

Carolina Development Group NC LLC's petition to build 350 apartments and up to 6,500 square feet of retail space in a tower at North Smith and West 10th streets was approved. A site plan filed with the rezoning says the project could include condos or apartments, but, at the petition's public hearing last month, a representative of the developer told council that the planned units would be apartments.

The project would be the latest apartment tower in this cycle, with other developments like Museum Tower by Childress Klein and Ascent Uptown by Greystar adding high-rise buildings with rental units to uptown within the past several years. Notably, no condo towers in uptown have broken ground since the recession, despite demand for such product.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2