Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

So, out of curiousity I googled this address and found the following link on realtor.com that references the sale: http://commercial.realtor.com/commercial-detail/300-North-College-Street_300-N-College-St_Charlotte_NC_28202_2352171. Now that I'm thinking about this, I remember the discussion about this property being up for sale in the past year or so. 

It's possible that this may of been mentioned before, but they sellers are marketing this for 500,000 sqft of office space. Definitely a good size office tower, especially when you compare it to the Heart Tower beside it. 

Isn't 300 College where Cosmos/Bar Charlotte, etc are? I agree with nonillogical. Why destroy one of the few neat and quirky spaces left in uptown? I'd love to see this tower built (looks about 30 stories?). But not at the expense of of destroying something that already exists. Just go one or two blocks up and there are empty lots that would be better candidates. 

Yeah its the linup of bars that the under 21s go to get drinks on college nights haha.  I used to go to these places when I was a student, and they've changed ownership/ names several times. Bar Charlotte's been the only constant and that setup wouldnt exactly be difficult to duplicate in another building.  I'd probly try to sell to a developer as well IMO.

There are 4 spaces there currently: Re:Public, Bar Charlotte, Cosmos, and Phoenix. All of those, if they didn't stay clubs (I guess Cosmos is more of a bar/restaurant), would make excellent, unique restaurant or retail spaces that local upstarts could actually afford. That alley between these buildings and the parking deck even has potential for use if they were to split the spaces in half or wanted to add outdoor patios. I think a few of them do that already.

I will be sad to see these buildings go even if the current tenants are easy to poke fun at (but hey, I actually think its amusing and fantastically un-Charlotte to walk by Bar at night with a group of friends and notice there are girls on swings in the window). As great as it would be to have a new tower, I would expect another soulless glass-walled plaza with less retail potential than is currently on that block, and there are clearly other available sites for that. 

Edited by nonillogical
  • Like 2

There are 4 spaces there currently: Re:Public, Bar Charlotte, Cosmos, and Phoenix. All of those, if they didn't stay clubs (I guess Cosmos is more of a bar/restaurant), would make excellent, unique restaurant or retail spaces that local upstarts could actually afford. That alley between these buildings and the parking deck even has potential for use if they were to split the spaces in half or wanted to add outdoor patios. I think a few of them do that already.

I will be sad to see these buildings go even if the current tenants are easy to poke fun at (but hey, I actually think its amusing and fantastically un-Charlotte to walk by Bar at night with a group of friends and notice there are girls on swings in the window). As great as it would be to have a new tower, I would expect another soulless glass-walled plaza with less retail potential than is currently on that block, and there are clearly other available sites for that. 

Totally agree. The only spot on that block I would even go to is Cosmos. However, I think it would be a travesity to level those places. They are a nice alternative to the Epicentre and NCMF. On top of the location having some character, they also fill a niche.

So which rendering will we see first, Crescent or Portman.

Sorta reminds me of waiting to see who was going to break ground first; Vue vs. 210.

Regardless, with the office market heating up... Hope there's room for everyone.

I'm making a guess that the Portman building (new) rendering won't be dramatically different) the visuals of the first.  The reason I say that is that the first one matched (neighborhood) the  basic kind of color/look (not design) of the Westin which I think they want to keep for the whole development.

I also think they would rather build a fairly consistent wide floor plan throughout for more bang for their buck/likelihood of attracting tenants who need a lot of continuous space.  

I am hopeful though that they do something that invokes the design of the Westin without being an obvious copy of it.

Edited by Urbanity

So Bubble has finally opened in the Epicentre, and I must say, I had a great time last night. Great decor, good looking crowd, very reasonable drink prices, the ability to order a drink outside (something that uptown is sorely lacking), overall great place. A welcome addition to uptown

View from Balcony

null_zps8149188e.jpg

View from the Balcony

null_zps2f8d6701.jpg

Main dance floor

null_zps227dc5a0.jpg

Bar (with windows that open to the balcony, and the bar is accessible from the balcony)

null_zps71c2ece3.jpg

Main room

null_zpsc0fe886b.jpg

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, out of curiousity I googled this address and found the following link on realtor.com that references the sale: http://commercial.realtor.com/commercial-detail/300-North-College-Street_300-N-College-St_Charlotte_NC_28202_2352171. Now that I'm thinking about this, I remember the discussion about this property being up for sale in the past year or so. 

It's possible that this may of been mentioned before, but they sellers are marketing this for 500,000 sqft of office space. Definitely a good size office tower, especially when you compare it to the Heart Tower beside it. 

Looks like someone is fishing,  hope they can gets some bites.

• 3 weeks later...