Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

9 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Yea I noticed that, I think its actually just incorrect. The building is oriented in the manner it is, to have a sizeable setback from the historic church. Its more or less centered on the land. Rendered above, would almost have it sitting on the church itself. 

image.png

Interesting that 10 years later they’re still referring to the ‘Wachovia’ tower, that never was. 

Tyree Ricardo.  Does this mean beans will now be spilled?

Edited by turbocraig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, captainjack said:

Looks like the convention center renovation had a cost-cutting change. Really liked the bridge cladding the original renderings had (screamed tvsdesign – they do great work). This new rendering doesn’t have as much allure on this side with the existing look. Any idea what happened @Tyree Ricardo?

New:

14624414-DA11-4408-B03B-AAB0E64E253C.jpeg

This angle isn't perfect, but yeah I think it's pretty clear there will be more overlap of the Duke buildings.

overlap.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Theres actually two things that happened here. They had to cut one of the bridges, it was originally dual span. Its really very sad that we are going to get yet another Charlotte-ized, arts & crafts project, instead of something iconic.

If I may, what made the original design iconic other than the paneling on the sides of the bridge? It looks like that picture frame has remained in the center of the bridge. 

15 minutes ago, Rufus said:

If I may, what made the original design iconic other than the paneling on the sides of the bridge? It looks like that picture frame has remained in the center of the bridge. 

Oh you know what. That panelling might still exist on the other side. I see now that what we are seeing in the foreground is just the existing train bridge, with the other side being the rail trail extension.

2 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Oh you know what. That panelling might still exist on the other side. I see now that what we are seeing in the foreground is just the existing train bridge, with the other side being the rail trail extension.

But it would be nice if they panelized both visible sides for consistency.  And to replace those dated 1990s red arched iron things.  But if you’re looking to cut costs then that’d be low hanging fruit.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Ok, so I've heard a pretty reliable rumor that TWO parking decks at 4th and Church are coming down very soon. The old one already discussed, but also the "autopark" next to Packard Place. I don't know if that includes Packard as also mentioned previously.

That's an ideal spot for a trough-filling tower in the east/west views of the skyline if whatever goes there has some decent height.

• Like 3

EVERYBODY

I'M DOING Live Q&A Message Thread with Tony from CLTLedger at Noon. So clear your calendar, grab a cold one, and participate! I'll update with the link, you have to be a subscriber to tune in.

23 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Ok, so I've heard a pretty reliable rumor that TWO parking decks at 4th and Church are coming down very soon. The old one already discussed, but also the "autopark" next to Packard Place. I don't know if that includes Packard as also mentioned previously.

https://we.tl/t-EAVZtle7Ys

Here is a study on Parking Decks uptown that show all the numbers of spaces in Uptown and their vacancy. It's 3.5 years old unfortunately, but very interesting. 

1 hour ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

EVERYBODY

I'M DOING Live Q&A Message Thread with Tony from CLTLedger at Noon. So clear your calendar, grab a cold one, and participate! I'll update with the link, you have to be a subscriber to tune in.

And we are live...

https://charlotteledger.substack.com/p/online-discussion-of-south-enduptown/comments?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoyNzg5Mzc5LCJwb3N0X2lkIjozMDMxNDYsIl8iOiJReXJ6LyIsImlhdCI6MTU4MzUxNDA2NSwiZXhwIjoxNTgzNTE3NjY1LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItNjQ0OSIsInN1YiI6InBvc3QtcmVhY3Rpb24ifQ.x2TnSJBb9Mgyi9PllAgWzTqz7b9Yqm-tFsFv1pyN8Zc

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CLT> said:

Looks like this historic (partial) block on Trade is finally going up for sale again

2055023339_ScreenShot2020-03-06at7_04_22PM.thumb.png.f9723ad44c9a3a853b58786dd626a44b.png

Brochure here:

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/uJ605cjWTQVVcG0JH2jncj5NQ21V_Z_RkQPrzqoHl8U/document.pdf

OMG I was just talking about this on here about three days ago with no idea about the actual sale of this. It would be nice if these buildings could get a little TLC and keep the character. It would also be great if the area of the lot next to it facing the street could be sold and a developer builds an addition to these buildings connected to it. But for sommmmeee reason I think they may demolish these. Ugh

Edited by j-man
  • Sad 1