Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

On 3/17/2020 at 1:17 PM, KJHburg said:

The list of the top 10 office deliveries over the next year or two and 8 of 10 are in Charlotte and of those 4 of the 8 are in uptown Charlotte.   Notice completion dates the only tower that will deliver this year is Legacy 2 at 12/31 or basically Jan. 2021.  

The CP article mentions that Charlotte Metro Tower will be Charlotte’s third Tallest.  I think that’s a typo?  

15 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

The CP article mentions that Charlotte Metro Tower will be Charlotte’s third Tallest.  I think that’s a typo?  

Speaking that there is a ton of incorrect info in there... 

for instance " will include seven stories of retail space and seven levels of parking."

Seven floor of retail?! no

"Ally Financial leased 400,000 square feet in the building and will consolidate its Charlotte employees there upon completion. "

Nope they are leasing the entire building.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, go_vertical said:

I thought the seven stories of retail sounded too good to be true. Does anyone think Uptown would be able to absorb that much at one time? Doubt it. 

I don't think 7 floors of retail makes sense anywhere except Alpha/World Class Cities

6 hours ago, go_vertical said:

I thought the seven stories of retail sounded too good to be true. Does anyone think Uptown would be able to absorb that much at one time? Doubt it. 

It could if there were more apartments in that area. Residents would use it often depending on what type of retail. 

55 minutes ago, j-man said:

It could if there were more apartments in that area. Residents would use it often depending on what type of retail. 

Nothing above floor 2 or 3 would survive. 

31 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

@Tyree Ricardo do you know anything about the new look for the retail spaces at 101 Independence that Crescent bought?  I thought I saw something on @Cltdevelopment twitter feed today. 

Nothing against Northeastern University, but I always wondered how they lucked out with a Trade & Tryon location.  I will be happy to see different types of retail take it's place (as it appears in the renderings your referring to).  That renovation they are doing to 101 will be nice.

Why?

It’s just not normal human movement patterns. It would have to be wildly popular for people to go out of their way, and if it was wildly popular it would just afford a ground level space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[mention=17104]Tyree Ricardo[/mention] do you know anything about the new look for the retail spaces at 101 Independence that Crescent bought?  I thought I saw something on @Cltdevelopment twitter feed today. 

Oh right

So if the epicenter was a couple more floors then it wouldn’t survive? 

I don’t think so, no, not in charlotte. Really only as a massive department store in a world class city, but you can see those dying off, very quickly.

With respect to the 101 N Tryon renovation to open up the Tyron street front, I'm largely underwhelmed. I guess to force a single continuous floor plate, they are forcing all of the stairs/elevation change to the street, which to me actually cuts it off more from the sidewalk. Right now those elevation changes are dealt with either inside the building, or right at the specific tenant doors. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

With respect to the 101 N Tryon renovation to open up the Tyron street front, I'm largely underwhelmed. I guess to force a single continuous floor plate, they are forcing all of the stairs/elevation change to the street, which to me actually cuts it off more from the sidewalk. Right now those elevation changes are dealt with either inside the building, or right at the specific tenant doors. 

Is that work complete? or just getting started? Honestly from just walking by I couldn't even tell. but that whole strip with the Starbucks feels invisible from the sidewalk.

4 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Is that work complete? or just getting started? Honestly from just walking by I couldn't even tell. but that whole strip with the Starbucks feels invisible from the sidewalk.

Referring to the proposed renovation renderings from the last page

13 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Epicenter is half empty and barely surviving as is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe if they actually had a reason to go there then it would be great but I see no point in there being all this bland chain restaurants and Rite Aid. Like the Epicenter should have major entertainment and better retail options like a movie theater, skating rink, and a wider variety of food choices not just beer, tacos, and sandwiches. Of course I still think an Apple Store would work there. But hey these are just my opinions that I’m sure would do better than what’s there now. :tw_dissapointed: