Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

I didn’t realize the Charlotte City Club was going through a massive renovation. Adding an outdoor rooftop terrace space too, not sure where that will go but will have great views. Not a member either but have always wanted to check out that space up there. Speaking of 121 WT tower, also saw somewhere about the possibility of Polk pocket park being renovated, which would be nice. But anyways, here’s a little video of the CCC reno:

• Like 4

I went to wedding reception there once at the City Club and it has great views and the top level has high ceilings.  It was really nice then so I am sure this is only going to make it even better.  That was the one and only time ever parking in that garage.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I didn’t realize the Charlotte City Club was going through a massive renovation. Adding an outdoor rooftop terrace space too, not sure where that will go but will have great views. Not a member either but have always wanted to check out that space up there. Speaking of 121 WT tower, also saw somewhere about the possibility of Polk pocket park being renovated, which would be nice. But anyways, here’s a little video of the CCC reno:

Not just a possibility, they have identified their design partner, https://agencylp.com, Polk Park will be renovated, sometime after RNC. 

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I went to wedding reception there once at the City Club and it has great views and the top level has high ceilings.  It was really nice then so I am sure this is only going to make it even better.  That was the one and only time ever parking in that garage.  

I've been up there a few dozen times and theres actually a couple nooks that I always used to think, "hey why isn't that a patio" so I would imagine they are using these.

Edited by Guest

^^^It is basically in smaller breakout rooms where those glass enclosures are located and they are kinda adding another story on the edge.  If you look at my photos above and compare the rendering you will see what I am talking about.  But it is all about smaller meeting rooms not one huge additonal space. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Charlotte FD No. 4 is up for sale in the fourth district. Anyone want to crowd fund a purchase to preserve this beauty?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2641397689478035&id=1637397689878045

FB_IMG_1588997119236.jpg

$2.1M seems like a bit of a stretch in this market, no? Is there any Historic zoning involved?

41 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

$2.1M seems like a bit of a stretch in this market, no? Is there any Historic zoning involved?

A stretch as in too much? I'd say its a steal. That area of Uptown is cursed for retail though.

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, captainjack said:

Last night my girlfriend and I picked up dinner from NC Red and were going to take it somewhere to eat and watch the sunset. We drove back Uptown and went to the 7th Street parking deck to the top for the views. When we got up there, there was a security officer waiting for us, so I went ahead and drove up to him and rolled down my window to talk. I said we were just going to sit in my car, eat our dinner, and leave. He interrupted me, told me it was private property of Bank of America, and that we were trespassing. I didn’t feel like getting into it with him and our food was getting cold, so I told him to have a good night and left.

Can anyone explain why this was a problem? How can they reason it’s trespassing if I took a ticket and I’m paying to be in the garage?

They often close the top level for security purposes and discourage loitering when the other levels are below capacity. Did he say you couldn't park on the other levels or just the top level would be trespassing?

Edited by CLT2014

28 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

They often close the top level for security purposes and discourage loitering when the other levels are below capacity. Did he say you couldn't park on the other levels or just the top level would be trespassing?

There is a problem with suicides in uptown parking garages and that is why he might have wanted you to move on.  It is owned by Bank of America. 

• Thanks 1

I thought about that too, KJ. That is terribly sad. I showed him our takeout bag though so he knew we weren’t up to anything. Maybe I should have offered him some. He broadly said we were trespassing, so didn’t feel like I could go several floors down and stay. Oh well, we tried to get creative to enjoy a pandemic-responsible Saturday night haha.

Back to more exciting miscellaneous development news...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I cant open this what it is it?  

image.thumb.png.5492750f68ab2d799eae8b789c767d26.pngIts this, its an iPhone file, so I don't think UP can read it.

Edited by Guest