Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ I see.  I would never leave a box of doughnuts out  as I would consume them all.  Secondly I dont leave trash anywhere but the trash can or the floor of my truck.   #KrispyKremedoughnuts for all  

I tried to grab donuts this morning but all the lines were out the door, so I ended up grabbing Bo's

6 minutes ago, Yeahdoug said:

Any idea why Wells Fargo shut down their CLT lights Twitter?  Kinda nice to know why the city was lighting up certain colors. Laid off? 

Who knows, but I took it over on my account @CLTDevelopment. All I did was schedule tweets for the next month, it took 1 hour, not sure why they couldn't spend one single hour.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Yeahdoug said:

Any idea why Wells Fargo shut down their CLT lights Twitter?  Kinda nice to know why the city was lighting up certain colors. Laid off? 

Curious that they’ve also decided not to light their own building anymore at this same time.  They’ve been off for maybe a couple weeks now. 

Just now, turbocraig said:

Curious that they’ve also decided not to light their own building anymore at this same time.  They’ve been off for maybe a couple weeks now. 

It's been off more often than usual, but it's still being lit up every night. normally red, white and blue, or White. They just randomly kill the lights for 30 seconds or so every so often.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, turbocraig said:

I think you're referring to Duke, yes?  The WF jukebox building has been dark for a hot minute now.  But yes, DEC does turn off then back on sporadically now for some reason.

Does anyone know why the jukebox building hasn't been lot up for some time? 

Does anyone know why the jukebox building hasn't been lot up for some time? 

It is set to undergo renovations, I imagine that has something to do with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, DMann said:

Just learned the BBT Parking Garage sold to Cousins for $85m, RDF, what's happening?

Cousins bought it but they also own BofA Plaza next block over connected by Overstreet Mall.  that building really has no parking and they will have a lot of space to fill when BofA leaves.  It is speculated that US Bank which is primarily in Truist Tower will be squeezed out of there and anchor the newly name US Bank Plaza.  This garage purchase could be for US Bank's parking and besides  you can add 10 floors of buildable space atop that garage and that gives them a value add site for whoever the get as an the anchor tenant for BofA Plaza.  But that is my thoughts @Tyree Ricardo says about it. 

• Like 2

In the 1940's and 50's there were many styles of juke boxes. Put in your nickel, choose your song and it played the 45 rpm record. They were in so many businesses: restaurants, private clubs, dance halls, hotels. This is a style of jukebox that led people to call the building the Jukebox.

15399-d75c066e6703c17537ee59feb7ddaa8ef3fb076e-original.jpg.5e26330cd2f9744d62e8af5eb3e67ee1.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, QCxpat said:

CMPD Central Division - Today 3:15 p.m.

908323229_cmpd5.thumb.jpg.5ed850957ed2f16ea673e2c09788cc9f.jpg

1361119159_cmpd4.thumb.jpg.315d649a73d753ff8c4a8e0620654f79.jpg

880780757_cmpd2.thumb.jpg.bb8273492336713d2d233745b6c18198.jpg

1011440209_cmpd1.thumb.jpg.c55b6d7ef3b7b9a31769826e70f358b3.jpg

1276380378_cmpd3.thumb.jpg.ff225bf31eaf50c0322f8817b0b95721.jpg

Great looking Division Station!  With all the Police Stations being currently built around town makes me wonder how many CMPD had beforehand?  Seriously, you have Stations being built in University, Independence Blvd, Ballantyne, Uptown, WT Harris Blvd.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, atlrvr said:

I believe in most cases, they are replacing space that they outgrew.  Typically they rented space in shopping centers, but are now building their own larger facilities.

Thanks for the heads up.  City of Charlotte really spending a lot on Capital Projects like all these Police Stations is impressive.  Hope we come out financially sound from this Pandemic as a City & Region

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DMann said:

I was talking to one of the construction guys and he told me that each beam weighs 35 tons, is 110 ft Long, and the steel is 3 " thick.  Yikes!  I ask him if he was involved in the Hawthorne Bridge rebuild he laughed and said "not us" 

Norfolk Southern was long known as the railroad that was run by civil engineers, rather than by accountants or business dudes. They have long had a reputation for overbuilding and over-maintaining their network, although the reputation is fading a bit in the current industry climate. It is not a surprise that they hired/approved of a (hopefully) competent contractor for tracks that are on their network. Hopefully this culture will pay off on all of the Gateway trackwork.  

CSX had the opposite reputation....

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1