Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Looks like 101 Independence Center is getting a mini food hall and that should do good when everyone goes back to the office.

Check it out

http://www.thriftcres.com/wp-content/uploads/101-N-Tryon-Marketing-Flyer.pdf

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Looks like 101 Independence Center is getting a mini food hall and that should do good when everyone goes back to the office.

Check it out

http://www.thriftcres.com/wp-content/uploads/101-N-Tryon-Marketing-Flyer.pdf

This is just for marketing purposes. It’s likely this won’t shake out this way. 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Levine is a great little museum but could benefit from an improved space, especially if they're able to sell that (probably) valuable lot that they apparently own. I'd love to see them stay in uptown somewhere though, I think that's the right place for it.

I'd love for them to end up in South End, and add a cultural amenity to the neighborhood

Gotta say, I was a bit disappointed when they figured out removing the atrium wasn't really a viable option, but I like the Tryon Street side a lot.

Agreed and internally there will be improvements to give it a sense of place, inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/11/2020 at 12:01 PM, Madison Parkitect said:

Levine is a great little museum but could benefit from an improved space, especially if they're able to sell that (probably) valuable lot that they apparently own. I'd love to see them stay in uptown somewhere though, I think that's the right place for it.

On 8/11/2020 at 12:30 PM, Tyree Ricardo said:

I'd love for them to end up in South End, and add a cultural amenity to the neighborhood

On 8/12/2020 at 1:06 AM, j-man said:

I would love it if they could put it in the Brooklyn Village development where the planned building that looks like a proposed museum is supposed to go or near 1st Ward park near UNCC. I say those locations because they are dead to those types of things and Uptown needs to spread out it’s attractions instead of everything being on like the two main streets.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:48 PM, Desert Power said:

My vote would be Gateway station for this.  At the nexus of three transit methods, that is the future of the South.

All good suggestions that I would be happy with, any one of them, but my humble suggestion is to incorporate it within the new Library/Spirit Square (re)development. It would actually *improve* its location and really make that block(s) a powerhouse attraction, and the Spirit Square building could serve as a venue for both the Levine Museum as well as the Library, in addition to hopefully functioning as a music and performance venue... (Could Levine even offer its land as a sort of equity swap?)

But I also see the value of putting it either at Gateway or South End, to distribute the cultural wealth of the city.

(But I still dream of a true Mint Museum--about Charlotte's gold mining and minting history--being located within the Gold District, while there's still time (i.e. available land).) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

For this $25 Million Office Upfit I love what’s proposed over what’s existing.  I attached a photo of what’s there for those who are not too familiar with the current look.  Also - If the economy rebounds in the next 24 months I could imagine the new owners proposing a modest Tower (15/20 stories) over the existing Church street deck at that point.  The existing deck is quite hideous as is though.

7AC435DC-D256-4EB7-B159-BEEBD46CCE26.jpeg

873E527B-E6CF-496C-84FE-CB5554DC2306.jpeg

AA30DBE1-940A-454D-82C3-7B6848785731.jpeg

7004A9F3-FB38-4AA0-B25F-18B4CF4D2ECD.png

I've seen a 35 floor building drawn for this parking deck space. It was pitched to several of the companies than have come here the past few years since Sumitomo purchased this property.