Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what happens when you subcontract the landscaping to Dr. Seuss. 

In all seriousness though, that is bizarre and it looks like the bulk of the tree's root-bed is going to be under loose landscaping soil and above grade.  That tree is going to topple with the first storm, right?  or is this more of an optical illusion?

• Like 1

Is there a real reason that security doesn't want people to take pictures on their property?

Legacy Union, Ally, BOA Corporate Center all have ridiculous security who barely even let you get a camera up to your eyes before they stop you. Truist has gotten better, they'll come over and talk/hang out and have no issues with photography.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mgelbach said:

Is there a real reason that security doesn't want people to take pictures on their property?

Legacy Union, Ally, BOA Corporate Center all have ridiculous security who barely even let you get a camera up to your eyes before they stop you. Truist has gotten better, they'll come over and talk/hang out and have no issues with photography.

Prevention of terrorism more than likely.

3 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Which I call BS.  PPL take pictures in NYC and any big city really anytime they want.  I understand this protocol was probably initiated after 9/11 but security uptown is too tight.  Google Earth is more of a threat to a city than a Nikon DSLR.  The city tries so hard to attract tourist from all over, yet dont want them taking pictures of our landmarks...yup, makes sense... If I'm not mistaken, if you're on a public sidewalk, you can photograph or film whatever you'd like (could be some nuance in there but that was my general understanding).  

Hence my comment about loiterings/homeless, but being given the order to not discriminate, so they ask everyone to leave... That way they can say we ask all sorts of people to move on. 

I don't know if it matters, but when security stopped me at Ally they said they were specifically told to not allow people to take pictures. nothing about loitering.

After I told them I was working with a company who is working with the building she said they were going to check with them and if they denied it, the security camera footage of my face would be saved and they would call the cops if I was on the premises taking pictures again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2