Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

11 hours ago, Jt282506 said:

ugh the restraint to not post the rendering :( 

Is there anything you could tell us. Like your opinion of it. As simple as how attractive is the building in comparison to the others that are apart of the entire LU buildout so far. 

3 minutes ago, RANYC said:

I saw a rendering.  It will be a compelling addition to that corner, and creates a "clustered complex of height" in that part of Uptown.   It has the same massive "pillars" as the Deloitte building on the South Tryon side, and it's hard for me to tell from what I saw whether those pillars are along Stonewall as well.  Seeing the renderings, it's clear that Stonewall (soon to be Brooklyn Village Ave or Brooklyn Ave) will be quite the urban corporate corridor walk from the Stadium to the Convention Center.  If only we could be assured that the Brooklyn redo was actually going to happen before we're all too old to walk its beat and enjoy it, we'd have ourselves quite a compelling and substantial stretch of urbanity, even by international standards.    

it doesn't have the pillars on Brooklyn Village Way, the facade looks like the Hill Street (Good Samaritan Way) section of Deloitte.

it doesn't have the pillars on Brooklyn Village Way, the facade looks like the Hill Street (Good Samaritan Way) section of Deloitte.

Way is definitely not an appropriate suffix for Brooklyn (Stonewall) it is definitely much more than a “small street of a road.”

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2016/11/14/13275486/streets-roads-avenues-names-reasons

More than you wanted to know about street name suffixes
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JeanClt said:

Way is definitely not an appropriate suffix for Brooklyn (Stonewall) it is definitely much more than a “small street of a road.”

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2016/11/14/13275486/streets-roads-avenues-names-reasons

More than you wanted to know about street name suffixes

Sorry I meant to say Brooklyn Village Avenue. It is indeed Good Samaritan Way though.

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 1

image.png.45a8f304d2f535388daf0d2c2b5db145.png

First increase since 97????? The increase needs to be 5x that much. Money should go to the neighborhood org rather than city coffers.

[Why is this image so blurry here?]

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

What does Duke have at the 401 S College Site? I guess I always assumed that building was part of the convention center.

it is their old windowless data center on the corner across from One Wells Fargo.   That data center is now out in University Research Park. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please baby jesus  that this plan comes to fruition. Game changer. Everything within a block radius (even more) are dependent of this project. Watch the other empty lots blossom as well if this happens, including a renovated/rebranded epicentre. And honestly, I could see this retaking it’s name for the entertainment district for uptown if executed bc I don’t trust anything that Tepper wants or envisions right now lol (MAR). Our surroundings around spectrum center is shameful tbh. So much potential around that arena that is just underutilized. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Please baby jesus  that this plan comes to fruition. Game changer. Everything within a block radius (even more) are dependent of this project. Watch the other empty lots blossom as well if this happens, including a renovated/rebranded epicentre. And honestly, I could see this retaking it’s name for the entertainment district for uptown if executed bc I don’t trust anything that Tepper wants or envisions right now lol (MAR). Our surroundings around spectrum center is shameful tbh. So much potential around that arena that is just underutilized. 

So I read the Ledger and Bizjournal articles on the proposed improvements and deal worked out with the Hornets.  Seems a good deal all-around, but can I ask where do we think the stimulative impact on that part of Uptown comes in.  Is it that this improvement package accelerates the "undergrounding" of the bus center which we think has stymied growth in this area, including the potential of epicenter?  Or is it that a training center is a catalyst for retail and other spin-off developments nearby?