Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

Old 2008 Proposal that was not announced to the General Public. At one point there was 4 or 5 office "towers" in the southend/dilworth area that never happened. There is 1 or 2 under development right now though, so maybe a design like this could be recycled.

^ what he said.

I usually go by the belief that things shown on architecture sites are to be taken with a grain of salt. Showing designs for projects nobody has heard of that are "under wraps" would be a conflict of interest to the client. Usually if you find something you have never seen or heard about before theres an 85% change that it fell through, and the architects wanted to show off their hard work. Case in point "Trump Charlotte" is a featured project on littleonline.com

I usually go by the belief that things shown on architecture sites are to be taken with a grain of salt. Showing designs for projects nobody has heard of that are "under wraps" would be a conflict of interest to the client. Usually if you find something you have never seen or heard about before theres an 85% change that it fell through, and the architects wanted to show off their hard work. Case in point "Trump Charlotte" is a featured project on littleonline.com

That makes sense.  Thanks for the insight.

Another site had a poster mention that he heard about a 48 floor Hyatt that will be announced in Charlotte soon. This matches 210 Trade's original floor height. Anybody have information, I've personally have no reason to believe the poster, or not believe him as I've never paid attention to them before.

^As I drove down Caldwell st this morning and saw the demolition for the Embassy Suites occurring in the shadow of the Hyatt Place which will open next month my reaction was "there is going to be lots of new hotel space downtown."

Add a 48 floor full service Hyatt to that mix? Gezzz.

That'd be a 1000 room hotel. I would just have to think there'd be a residential component as well.

My comment was more tongue in cheek than anything else. Someone on the Epicentre thread posted a while back that he heard from a valet attendant that someone was going to be built at this site. I refuse to believe anything anymore until there's an actual announcement. Besides, the owners of the Epicentre said not long ago that they were going to do their due diligence as to what to do with the former 210 Trade property and hoped to have something after the 1st of the year to announce. So, I doubt it's here.

Edited by wend28

That's my sentiment as well, but, assuming Theres truth behind it... We need a 48 floor office tower. Not necessarily a hotel tower.

210 trade ONLY works as residential/hotel. Too few elevators and too little floor space for Office.