Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

Ok, so I found the source of the "rumored" 48 story Hyatt. The same poster came back with the following: An iron worker working at a local restaurant (Luciano) told me he's in town to work on the 48 story Hyatt. He said the construction would start in about two weeks. I wanted to check with you guys if anyone is aware of such a project.

12 year olds really shouldn't be allowed to get on computers, guys :) Next story please...

NYET!   Just because I'm enjoying watching everyone ordering you to work on behalf of the board!   :mellow:

HAHAHA

No, because we consider you to be a more reliable source... even if the last guy you referenced wasn't  :shades:

HAHAHA

No.  Continue to wade.

HAHAHA

I guess I work will have to wait another day.

What is going on at Edwin Towers? It is all fenced in and looking somewhat empty.

Renovations. It still has most of its components from when it was built, so CHA authorized about $9 million in upgrades for the property.

Residents were moved to Hall House.

It will be getting new windows, new HVAC systems, new kitchens, electrical and plumbing upgrdaes, new lighting, asbestos removal, new flooring, new bathrooms, new electrical panels/wiring, a new solar reflecting (white) roof, exterior repairs and painting, and a dumpster enclosure.

Tyler Construction will be performing the work.

I noticed that the building that use to house 5th Element (@ 5th and Graham) is having a bunch of work done and the For Leasing Call...sign has been taken down. There were a bunch of dumpsters up from and people scouting the venue. Anyone have any idea who might be moving in?

Nope, but whoever it is will probably be moving out within a year. Epicenter and Music Factory really killed that building's night life appeal.

Cans was a hot spot for a few years before Epicenter opened and had the only rooftop bar in Uptown at that time I believe.

Nope, but whoever it is will probably be moving out within a year. Epicenter and Music Factory really killed that building's night life appeal.

Cans was a hot spot for a few years before Epicenter opened and had the only rooftop bar in Uptown at that time I believe.

Well with any luck whoever is doing work now is wise enough to not try opening a club...it could house a very large restaurant where I think the roof deck would be a huge draw. 

Well with any luck whoever is doing work now is wise enough to not try opening a club...it could house a very large restaurant where I think the roof deck would be a huge draw. 

One can hope, but that is a huge place for a restaurant. When my company was looking for new office space we saw that pop up as available. I looked at the details just because I was curious how much it'd cost and it was like 8-10,000 square feet. Would have to do some serious business to pay the rent at that place.

With third ward not being a complete wasteland in the near future, anything there might have a better chance to survive now than it did in the past.

One can hope, but that is a huge place for a restaurant. When my company was looking for new office space we saw that pop up as available. I looked at the details just because I was curious how much it'd cost and it was like 8-10,000 square feet. Would have to do some serious business to pay the rent at that place.

With third ward not being a complete wasteland in the near future, anything there might have a better chance to survive now than it did in the past.

I could see a large beer hall type place, like a Tyler's Tap Room or similar, with room for a game room and/or stage downstairs. That's my hope anyway. Yeah too big for anything too niche.

Where is that going exactly? Near Settlers Cemetery or Elmwood?

If it is near Settlers, really the only place I could imagine it going is on the 5th, Poplar, Pine and Trade parking lot. I don't think that complex is too ugly looking, and it sure beats that awful parking lot. No idea where they could put it by Elmwood

If it is near Settlers, really the only place I could imagine it going is on the 5th, Poplar, Pine and Trade parking lot. I don't think that complex is too ugly looking, and it sure beats that awful parking lot. No idea where they could put it by Elmwood

Yeah that's what I was thinking on the location.

I'd definitely be disappointed in that at that location. Was hoping some something at least twice that tall on that spot.