Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

Bet there's all kinds of hazards left over from the Catherine mine. The entrance was somewhere in the middle of it all. Some of the shafts went down over 700ft.

Well there's our Unique attraction. I wonder If something funky/cool could be done with a mine shaft. Probably too bad of a condition to do anything now but still interesting.

Exactly. If our gold rush had been 1849, UNCC alumni could do something interesting. Alas, our big gold rush was earlier. At any rate, it would be unique, even if they had to reconstruct a tunnel entrance. Underground restaurants, etc. Maybe even an exhibit like Reed's.  

I still can't mention anything about possible tenants... But considering it's now public knowledge and very obvious from the street with signs and such. The building is the Iveys.

Noticed that Just Fresh had closed there, leaving a pretty decent chunk of open street square footage premo for retail between Qdoba and 5church. Looks like the new 5th street entrance is designed with flanking store displays in mind.

I cannot...

There are some sketchy renderings up in the window I could try to snap a shot of. I was also verbally informed of some of the changes being made but honestly don't remember most of them.

So obviously my big announcement regarding the Iveys wasn't a hit... The big news is what I've been told could be taking up these sizeable spots. And it would be BIG (IMO). That's what I'm not at liberty to share.

I cannot...

There are some sketchy renderings up in the window I could try to snap a shot of. I was also verbally informed of some of the changes being made but honestly don't remember most of them.

So obviously my big announcement regarding the Iveys wasn't a hit... The big news is what I've been told could be taking up these sizeable spots. And it would be BIG (IMO). That's what I'm not at liberty to share.

A mineshaft Aquarium zoo?

:) excited to find out.

• Like 1

I walked past the old CFD No 4 at 420 Fifth St this weekend and noticed the brokerage signs are down. Did a google search this morning and found this: http://www.ebenezerscharlotte.com/. From the webpage:

Ebenezers Charlotte is partnering with National Community Church (Mark Batterson) & Ebenezers Coffeehouse (Washington DC). Our shared vision is to create a reproducible model that will be an example for affiliates of Ebenezers to come to life in communities all across the world. All profits from Ebenezers Coffeehouse and the multiple use venues are donated to local and global aid. In 2012 alone, Ebenezers DC invested over $100,000 into their local community and abroad. Ebenezers Coffeehouse is coming to Uptown Charlotte…we can’t wait to serve you.