Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

Here is an update on the scope of work for duckworths. Pretty exciting sounding! It will really activate the street over there!

• Detailed Scope of Work: Exterior design changes to an existing building for a new restaurant. The previous use of the building was a restaurant and we are proposing a new restaurant design. The building is currently vacant. Exterior design changes will include, replacing existing windows at street level with retractable/moveable windows, a new street level window opening, modify an existing street level window to match the size of the other street level windows, modify and continue the wood trim facade at the street level windows, replace and add new awnings over street level windows and main entry, replace tile over 2nd story windows with precast to match other 2nd story windows, new exterior colors, new lighting, and new signage.

This is probably nothing, but a guy from Grubb Properties stopped in my office (I am in Brevard Court) to ask me if my access to the office was related to the property at 330 South Tryon (Chamber of Commerce Bldg).  I know the Chamber is planning to not renew their lease,and that Grubb recently bought the property.  Hm,,,,,,,

That would be so awesome if that 330 S Tryon building met its demise and got a higher quality high rise with proper Church St design and plans.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy that did get taller with redesign

Is it sarcasm?  Didn't it only go up like a story or two?

Glad that finally something has the retail that the city wanted on the Brevard corridor. 

Pretty Substantial amount of retail on Brevard.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-03 at 10.17.26 PM.png

Wait, is this sarcasm too?  That isn't all that big of a retail spot. 

I'd be surprised if that retail spot was Anything but restaraunt.

Brevard is ironically enough pretty anti-urban. A blank wall of Convention center, a near full blank wall of NASCAR, incomplete sidewalks, AT&T is a no go pedestrian wise, pass a parking lot, and you pass the CTC which isnt exactly inviting neither.

And does that mean no retail for Caldwell? I like Cladwell more than Brevard personally

rendering32414.jpg

looks a tad bit "hospital-y" to me. But I dig it. I'm a little confused by the overall site plan… I can't tell whether the retail building actually attaches to the hotel in any way, what so ever… It doesn't appear as though it does.

rendering32414.jpg

looks a tad bit "hospital-y" to me. But I dig it. I'm a little confused by the overall site plan… I can't tell whether the retail building actually attaches to the hotel in any way, what so ever… It doesn't appear as though it does.

I thought the SAME thing about a hospital, but yeah overall I like it, nice addition to the area for sure.

rendering32414.jpg

When I first heard about it being an Embassy Suites, my expectations weren't very high, so those were exceeded. Should fit nicely in that part of uptown.

Does anyone know what is going on with the "facade construction" at 101 independence center? It doesn't look like they're doing much of anything, and may turn out similar to what happened at BofA corporate center.....Blocked off and under construction for a while, with nothing to show for it. Still have NO idea what they did at corporate center other than add a stupid flower triangle thing.

the work at the Corporate center was to work on some utilities and mechanical systems for the building that are located underneath the plaza. So really all that happened on the surface was new pavers/design on the ground plane and the triangle which is a large vent to the utilities below

The column wraps at the entrance to Independence Center were always in rough shape and getting beat up. The new wraps should look a lot nicer and less bulky.

I love the new plaza design at the corporate center. It's very elegant and clean, there are some great site details that I'm probably going to copy on future projects. 

• Like 1

I like how The Park is back under construction in the rendering...  in fact... how old is this rendering...?

Its a couple weeks old, tops. They probably didn't want to show their competitions hotel ;-).

Edited by Guest