Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

^ I'll buy that analysis. 

The only question I have is what does BofA need more Charlotte office space for? I had thought they were still sitting on a bunch of unused space in Hearst amoung other locations. Any speculation?

Sorry, left off the other part.

For economic incentive purposes, we are not yet in a position to disclose the customer's name or the market. But we can say we are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with them again. In terms of process, we have assigned out the contract and hope to be in a position to provide more specifics over the next few quarters. This project would likely start in the second half of 2016.

Thought about it again.  Not sure BofA would dare ask for economic incentives, so maybe I'm way off here.

The only Hearst Tower space they don't use is the trading floor.  They still have people in Indepense Center, 5/3rd, 525 N Tryon, and Transamerica Square.  Not sure they want to expand, but rather consolidate space. 

My wife works for WF and they've all but told them they can't work from home at all.. Which is good for me since I work from home :) And as others have said, BofA is doing the same. We have several friends that within the last year went from working from home almost every day to hardly being able to do it at all. I don't know that any of this actually changes how much more space the big banks will occupy because a lot of those people already had dedicated space to use. They just never went into the office. I know a lot of the University City space WF has is shared though. The uptown buildings not so much..

Quick question:  How many of the parking decks in uptown are capable of having additions built on top?  I think it is only two:  Seventh Street Station and the Center City Green Deck, right?  It would be nice if some of the ones on Church (like the rumored deck at Independence Center), and College could be built to sustain towers.  

Quick question: How many of the parking decks in uptown are capable of having additions built on top? I think it is only two: Seventh Street Station and the Center City Green Deck, right? It would be nice if some of the ones on Church (like the rumored deck at Independence Center), and College could be built to sustain towers.

I can deal with soviet parking decks for now. These parking surface lots have got to go.

I'm ready for 2nd Ward to have a giant master planned & built private developments filling in every crack

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Quick question: How many of the parking decks in uptown are capable of having additions built on top? I think it is only two: Seventh Street Station and the Center City Green Deck, right? It would be nice if some of the ones on Church (like the rumored deck at Independence Center), and College could be built to sustain towers.

I'm fairly certain the laz deck at church and fourth can be added to, maybe another level or two. They have a waiting list for monthly passes, so maybe that would happen?

I feel like there should be a Fourth Ward Projects Page, but whatever, here goes. 

Looks like 225 N Cedar is under construction. I bet nobody has noticed since its so far off the beaten track, only reason I Know is because of this picture.

p1165404160-6.jpg

I know center city has made huge progress in increasing density over the last decade or two, but that shot shows we still have a little way to go.

but but but 2005! LOL... With that said, hopefully one day there is a seamless transition between uptown and gateway.

1024px-Aerial_Uptown_Charlotte_2005-Nov-

Edited by Guest

With that said, hopefully one day there is a seamless transition between uptown and gateway.

If Queens ever takes over the federal courthouse and houses their professional programs there (law, mba, etc), I'd expect another boom of apartments in the area. 

If Queens ever takes over the federal courthouse and houses their professional programs there (law, mba, etc), I'd expect another boom of apartments in the area. 

Honestly the only thing holding it back is Gateway Station and its associated redevelopment. On a side note, thanks to Beazer and the fine folks at Pipe & Foundry, uptown will never quite be as dense as it should have been.

Honestly the only thing holding it back is Gateway Station and its associated redevelopment. On a side note, thanks to Beazer and the fine folks at Pipe & Foundry, uptown will never quite be as dense as it should have been.

What area will they inhibit development on? I thought it's just the land bordered by Morehead, 77 and 277

Edited by Jayvee

What area will they inhibit development on? I thought it's just the land bordered by Morehead, 77 and 277

It is, and thats a lot of land. This land was originally going to be practically a carbon copy of 1st Ward's "Garden District" now its going to be open land for industrial storage. Its such a huge scar on uptown.

np561lb.jpg

1charlotte.jpg

This would be Circa 1996, 19 years of progress. You can even see a little bit of the Mural on First Union Main.

Edited by Guest

Quick question:  How many of the parking decks in uptown are capable of having additions built on top?  I think it is only two:  Seventh Street Station and the Center City Green Deck, right?  It would be nice if some of the ones on Church (like the rumored deck at Independence Center), and College could be built to sustain towers.  

Supposedly the government center deck (between the CMGC and Park/Skye/whatever) is set up to hold a future CMGC expansion building if it's ever needed.