Southeastern Wildlife Expo

ohioaninSC

I have a friend who is an artist coming to visit me in a couple of weeks and thought it I may take her to the Southeastern Wildlife Expo. My grandparents have gone in past years, but not for a while because of health issues. Anyways, I was wondering what it is like, and is it worth attending. We'll be in Charleston anyways that weekend b/c she's never been there, and worst case scenario, I'll take her around to show all the wonderful archetecture of the city. I saw online tickets are $15 a day for each day, or $35 for the whole weekend. I think we'd only go for one day, but that's besides the point. Anyways, just curious if any of you have attended it and what you thought.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been many times including last year. If you have any appreciation for art or wildlife it really exciting to see at least once. The original art at Charleston Place is incredible and in most cases the artist it standing there to discuss their work. Also, make sure to see the carvings (not sure where they are located this year). One day should be enough to get an appreciation for why this is such a hugely popular event year after year. You will enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did take her to SEWE and it was definitely worth it. It was real cool to actually get to to speak w/ the artist who did the painting. Too bad, everything cost an absolute fortune. I think the cheapest painting I saw was $500. We also went over to the Briddlebank Park, and took my dog and let her jump in the docksidedogs competition. That was pretty fun as well. Overall, it was definitely worth the time, and I could see why it is so popular.

Archived