Record Crime in Baton Rouge

cajun

Holden can talk all he wants.

Public safety in this city is pathetic. Has anyone ever had to call the city police for anything? They never show up. Completely undependable...and the dispatcher that answers the phone seems to barely have a 3rd grade education.

Certainly won't find any glowing reviews of the Holden administration from me when it comes to public safety. If they put half the effort into that as they did for the Green Light plan or bike paths, they could have really accomplished something.

• 5 months later...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately this is a perpetual thread...such is life & death in the Dirty South. Murda man & thuggery continue to increase! Baton Rouge is a nice place but will struggle to maintain status quo with stagnant census numbers. Crime, messy public schools and gridlocked interstates are the downfall as the surrounding areas thrive and grow.

I'd be here til next week posting all the crime stories...June Edition of the 225 Magazine "Kill Zone"

http://www.225batonrouge.com/news/2010/jun/01/kill-zone/

BR homocide numbers increase

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/97548829.html

brcrimemap0701101.jpg

I sort of consider Central and Zachary as part of Baton Rouge because of the style of government in EBR. Zachary is also going to be expanding in geographic size over the next several decades as that part of the parish develops- and that development is going to be even faster when the Audobon bridge is complete.

Frankly, if there is going to be suburban development, I'd like it to be in EBR rather than Livingston and Ascension.

Baton Rouge clearly has a crime problem. It's one of the areas where Holden admin has fallen woefully short.

• 4 months later...

Archived